Chapter 20

Chapter 20

*Author's P.O.V*

Four months later, Harry is putting up his Christmas decorations around the house. His engagement ring shining brightly in the light as he hums along to the holiday music softly playing in the background. The engagement happen two weeks after they freed themselves from that basement. The two of them did have a long time about Fallon because shortly after she moved into their guest bedroom that they remodel to be her room. They plan on getting married a year from now. Fallon picks up a tray of food that she requested her dad to make. It is her absolute favorite, chocolate chip pancakes with a small bowl of fruit. She may or may not have sneakily designed a heart on top of the pancakes with powdered sugar. She immediately catches her father's eye as she walks by with a bounce in her steps.

"Where are you going young lady?" Harry questions, causing her to stop in her tracks.

"I figured I can do your job since you're busy and papa isn't here right now." She answers, giving him an innocent smile and he can't help but to let her have her way.

"Just scream if you need me." Harry says and she immediately makes her way to her destination.

The basement door opens slowly before the lights are switch on. Zayn lays on the poorly makeshift bed with his hands heavily taped together. There was a makeshift collar around his neck that is connected to a rope that is tightly tied around shelf. It was there so he can only travel to his pee bucket and back to the bed. The only thing on his body is worn sweatpants and a tattered tank top. A blindfold is tightly wrapped around his eyes too. Since being held captive here, he has gone through some intense torture. The significant weight lose and littered scars on his body proves that. Though he doesn't know why, Niall didn't take part in any of his torture. All of it was Harry. The past three weeks he hasn't received any form of punishment. Whatever the reason, he prays that it continues to stay that way. He wakes up when he hears the door close not so quietly.

"Hi daddy." Fallon greets once she sees him sit up as best as he can.

"Hi sweetheart. Are you here by yourself?" Zayn questions, lifting his head up slowly as he hears footsteps approaching him.

"Yes." She answers, being careful as to not spill his food.

"Can I see you?" He asks, hoping that he is at least looking directly at her.

"Yes but dad can't know." She whispers to him and he nods his head.

She gently removes the blindfolds around his eyes and shield them so the light doesn't pain him too much. Once his eyes do adjust, they immediately fill with tears. This is the first time that he's seeing her. For the past four months, he was only able to hear her. Even then it wasn't much because Harry didn't want them talking a lot. He wouldn't even let him touch her. She looks just like he imagines though. Her black hair is fill with curls that form an adorable afro. Her eyes are a chestnut brown with small hints of green in them. There is one dimple on the left side of her face that is very prominent whenever she talks. More tears fall when she sits the tray of food down then reaches up again and wipes at his face. Her hands were so warm and comforting. This is the first time that she sees his eyes too and she can't help but to admire them.

"Why are you crying daddy?" She asks, hoping that she wasn't the reason for his tears.

"I'm just really happy to see you is all." He answers with a laugh while kissing her palm.

"I hope you like my Christmas gift for you. I thought really hard about it after you told me about your life a little bit." She informs while sitting down next to him.

"I'll love anything that you do for me." Zayn tells her before she starts to feed him.

During that time, Zayn tells her more about himself. He purposely leaves out his struggles of having children and what him and Harry have been through. He is pretty sure that she knows what goes on down here though. When he is tortured, he tries his best to keep his screams down but sometimes he couldn't help but to let them out. She is very smart too so it shouldn't take much for her to put things together. They share a few laughs and he realizes that she most definitely has his sense of humor. Spending this precious time with her makes him forget about the hardships he has been through. She gets up to hug him and all Zayn can do is rest his head on her shoulder when she does. The way she smells can simply put him to sleep. She smells like a freshly blossomed flower and cotton candy.

"Can you untie me so I can hug you back?" Zayn asks and she shakes her head while staring at the floor.

"Dad will get mad at me though." Fallon replies, looking back at the door while fidgeting with her fingers.

"You can tie me right back up afterwards. I won't let him punish you if he finds out." Zayn reassures and she picks up the butter knife.

"And I promise that I won't let him punish you either." She responds reaching down to cut him free but the door opens with Harry standing there, anger evident in his eyes.

"I knew you were down here for too long." Harry says, coming over to them and moving their daughter behind his body."Fallon what did I tell you about listening to anything that he says. He's dangerous."

"We were just having fun dad. He's not dangerous at all." She informs while looking up at him but he ignores her.

"You know I wouldn't hurt her." Zayn states, watching him check her body for anything.

"I don't know anything when it comes to you." Harry responds, realizing that she had took off his blindfolds.

"I'll put up with this forever if you just let me be a father to her. You can take the collar off and the tape and I wouldn't try to escape." Zayn says softly as they make eye contact for the first time in four months.

His eyes remind Harry that night they met. They hold that same hopefulness and warmth they did the first time they met. It would be so easy to get lost in them. Is it happening now? There's no way that his heart can soften for him. It shouldn't be able to. He wants to stay mad at him. At times, Fallon made that very hard since she would sometimes have nightmares and would only want to cuddle up to Zayn instead of him. Other times she would beg him to let him free or to spend more time with him. It surprised him how much she felt connected to him even though she has known him for a short amount of time. One day he is going have to let Zayn go. Whether letting him live freely or sending him to prison is still very much up for debate though. He doesn't say anything but takes Fallon's hand and walks toward the door. He closes it once she's out then makes his way over to Zayn.

"I swear to god you better not have manipulated her to do something stupid." Harry warns, sliding the empty tray away from them.

"I'm not mad at you. I could never be mad at you." Zayn replies as Harry checks over his body.

"I really don't care about the way you feel towards me." Harry responds, going to put his blindfolds back on but decides against it for now.

"I don't even hate you. Quite the opposite actually." Zayn tells him and tries not to laugh when Harry snaps his head to him.

"Yeah well the feelings aren't mutual." Harry states, trying his best to hide his shock.

"I love you. Not in the romantic way but in a thankful way because you gave me a family. I think we'll be a normal family one day and we're going to laugh about this." Zayn explains with a smile on his face.

"I think it's time to shut you up now." Harry says and shortly after Zayn's screams ring throughout the house as Fallon turns the Christmas music louder to drown it out.

»»»»»»»»»»»»
Vote

Share

Comment

Thoughts??? And with this Streets is officially over. I hope you enjoyed this roller-coaster of a story. Thanks so much for the support. I'll see you guys in the kin- I mean fun female Zayn/ Zarry story. Trust me it's what you think it will be so you're definitely gonna want to read it.😏😏😏

Bye.