Chapter 7

Walking into the gym I notice that there are not as many people here. I immediately spot Jordan in the corner talking to some old buff dude. Walking over to where they were standing and tapped his shoulder.

“Hey” I said.

“Hey you made it I was starting to think that you wouldn’t show up,” he said.

“Sorry I had to stay at school a little later to write a test that I missed”

“It’s ok but let’s get started. This is Chad” Jordan said pointing to the guy next to him.

“Hi, nice to meet you!” I said

“The pleasure is all mine. Jordan here told me that you are a pretty good fighter.” Chad said with a smile. “Let’s get you onto the mat and see how your technique is.”

Walking onto the closest mat I get into a fighting stance.

“Show me how you punch” Chad said. Pushing out my fist as hard as I can I rotate my hips like how Jordan taught me, throwing punch after punch.

“Ok stop! Now I want to see how strong your punches are”

Walking over to the punching bag I put all the anger into my punches, punching stronger and stronger with each one. Each blow sent the punching bag flying forward and coming back. I punched and punched not slowing my punches. I was rapidly punching the bag.

“Ok, now I want to see your kicks” Chad said.

“She has not worked on her kicks before that would be something that I would be teaching her” said Jordan.

Both of them walked over to me as I sat on the ground.

“I think we could really use you in the group. You have great technique and a very powerful punch; we will just have to work on your kicks.”

“So that means that you are on the team Chantelle!” Jason says to me.

“I have some problems though “I said.

“Like what?” Chad asks.

“I am still in school so I will not be available from 9:00 to 2:15”

“That’s fine we don’t usually have fights in the middle of the day it’s usually during the night, and may I ask what grade you are in?”
“12”

“Ok so you are 17, 18?”
“17”

“Ok, your first match is on Tuesday at 9:00. I will text you the address. Don’t be late”

Chad said goodbye and then left.

“So do I have to stay here and keep practicing or can I go home?” I ask Jason.

“You can go home”

Saying goodbye I jump onto my motorcycle and rode home.