Chapter 14

“And Chantelle is the winner!” The announcer said into the microphone as I walked up to him to get my money for winning the fight. Grabbing my $500 I walk over to my little gang, as I like to call it since it feels like we are one. Talking with them makes me feel like they are my family since my brothers are rarely around and my parents never see me.

           We were talking about the next match that Brittney had and how she could defeat the girl when I heard a deep voice that sound oh to familiar.

“Can I talk to you Chantelle?” Turning around I see Jayce standing there looking like a Greek god in his white shirt that hugged his upper body showing off how muscular he was and jeans that looked like they were designed especially for him.

“Chantelle?” Logan said taking a step closer to me to make sure that I was safe if something was to happen.

“Yeah sure, guys I will be right back. Brittany if I don’t get back by the time your match starts just know that I wish you the best of luck and that I know that you will kick that girls butt.” Laughing she says thanks and I walk off with Jayce leading me somewhere so that we can talk in private. We reached the concrete wall of the alley that was almost deserted. “What do you want Jayce?” I say.

“I want to say that I’m sorry for what happened last night, I didn’t mean to offend you.”

“Why do you have to tell me this now, you had all day today to tell me?”

“Because I have something else that I want to tell you, but I couldn’t tell you it with all our friends around.”
“Well then hurry I don’t have all night.” Taking a deep breath he starts to talk.

“I don’t mean to be so rude to you.”
“Then why are you so mean to me?”
“It’s hard to explain it. I wanted to ask that we be friends, not constantly at each other’s throats.”
“Okay, I’m willing to try if you are.”
“Then it’s a deal we are now friends!” Walking back I felt like a load had been taking off my shoulders from talking to Jayce and agreeing on being friends. I walk back over to the fight and watch Brittney beat the crap out of the other girl.