Chapter 8

Getting through school was torture for me. I could not pay attention to what the teachers were saying or what we were doing in class so if you were to ask me what I learned today then I would not be able to tell you what happened. Walking out of the main entrance I get a text from Chad telling me the address to the area that we are going to be fighting at. Riding home I put on my black sports bra and red shorts.

As I pulled up to address I see an alleyway with lots of people walking around dancing and laughing. On my right there was two people fighting in a middle of a circle made by the bystanders and on my left there where two cars that looked like they were getting ready to race. It looked like those scenes in moves with people racing in an alley but combined with people fighting too. Getting off my motorbike and setting down my helmet I hear someone walk up behind me.

“Hey your about to go on make sure that you are ready” It was Chad and Jason.

“Who am I versing?” I asked.

“You will be versing a girl who is around your age and has been fighting for a year.” Chad replies.

“I only started two days ago and you are getting me to fight a girl who has been fighting for a year!”

“By the way that I saw you punch that back I think that you can take her out within the first two minutes of the match, just don’t forget to rotate your hips with you punches.” Jason says.

“The next fight will start in two minutes. The competitors are Lauran and Chantelle, will both of you please make your way to the human circle,” a gruff voice rang throughout the alley.

“Well that’s my queue; make sure that you make your way there.” Chad said walking away leaving Jason and me standing there. I start to walk away but am stopped shortly by the sound of Jason’s voice. “Good luck, I know you can do it!” He said. Sending a quick thanks over my shoulder, I make my way to the circle that will start my new and dangerous life.