Chapter 12

Two 7ups and a bag of chip later led to Jayce and I sitting in my bedroom talking about life instead of doing science homework. “What’s your favorite color?” He asked.

“Brown” I say.

“That’s such an ugly color! That can’t be your favorite color. You seem like the person to like brighter colors like orange or pink.”

“I can’t say blue and green are always bright but you could say that I like more of the brighter colors. What’s yours?”
“Blue.”

“It seems like we have quite a few things in common.” After I said that an awkward silence fell between us.

“You know at first when I heard that you were coming to Claris High I thought that you would be the stuck up, rude type of girl but I was wrong.” Jayce said.

“I could kind of tell when we first ran into each other that you didn’t like me.” I said honestly.

“Oh yeah I am so sorry about that, like I said before I was wrong about you.”

“What do you think I am like now?”
“As much as I hate to admit it you are way cooler than I thought like come on I never thought that the great and all powerful Chantelle Greens would get into street fighting or ditch her high maintenance Lamborghini for some street bike. I thought that if anything you would get the new Tessla’s that are out.”
“ Just because my family is rich Jayce does not mean that I take advantage of it!” Getting up from my bed I take the empty bags of chips and soda cans and throw them in my garbage bin.

“I thought that you needed help on science?” I said in a clipped voice.

“Oh come on don’t be like that we were just getting along.” He said.

“I’m not acting any differently! You came over to get help on science so let’s see what you need help on and then you can be on your way.”

“I don’t want to just get this homework done and then leave, I want to get to know you more and hang out with you.”

“Yeah that’s what everyone says. I should’ve known that it would end like this.”

Grabbing my text book and paper I start to answer the questions. Finally getting the clue that I am dont discussing this with him Jayce starts to work on his homework too.