#Intro

{Edited}

'As we see here' reports the news report 'Other Side members are becoming a danger to this city. Last week two teenage boys and a teenage girl were spotted in our streets'

A picture comes up a two males, one with a hoodie on which was hiding his identity the other wearing a beanie with blonde hair showing and half of his face in shadow. The female has long brown hair covering her face and a gun is sitting in the belt loop on her jeans. I already knew who they were. They had been on the news for weeks. The girl was Sophie Newman and the blonde boy was Max Brown, the other boy was new.

"What's The Other Side up to now, Dustin?" Dad asks as he takes a seat on the couch next to me.

"Another spotting in the streets with guns" I sigh. This had been all they talk about on the news. In a small town the only thing that happened on our news was sightings of Other Side members. They weren't even dangerous! They walk around carrying guns but it's never been reported that they use them. Our city just doesn't like protests against their riches.

That's what The Other Side do, or at least that's my understanding of it. They fight for right and equal living. They are made up of half the poor population and carry guns to strike fear into the citizens of our town.

'Just yesterday the same girl and boy were sighted in their usual spot carrying guns once again. What is their reason in doing this?' Asks the news reporter. After a dramatic pause he suddenly comes out with 'In other news...'

Dad and I stop listening. Dad has always been interested in the Other Side and I watch it because it's the most interesting thing this town has to offer these days.

'Just in!' Says the reporter

Dad and I instantly sit on the edge of our seats waiting for the latest Other Side update.

'The two Other Side members are being caught live. We head to Steve for more information. Good afternoon Steve'

'Good afternoon to you to Darrel. Other Side members believed to be Sophie Newman and Max Brown, aged seventeen, are being chased down by Juvi guards' A live, over head tape of a girl and boy running down the streets is played across the screen followed by four guards and Dustin instantly recognises Ben at the front of the guards. 'The male and female have made a show of hanging around this block for the past few weeks and the Juvi's police force have finally taken action'

I look over at dad and see he is very interested. I never understood why.

'The male has been taken down but the female is still at large' It shows more footage of Sophie jumping over a high wall and Ben being stuck on the other side of it. How could anyone jump like was beyond me 'If you see this girl please call our local police'

Sophie Newman, one of the Other Side most active members picture comes up. It shows her with her hair up in a brown ponytail, a look of determination set on her face. A gun is poised in her hands as she points it at something that is off the screen.

Sophie had been on the news all week and was a big topic at school to talk about. Somehow she looked familiar to me but I blew it off because my family made sure to keep me away from the Other Side members unlike my mate Ben who's a head Guard at the teenage prison. He spends all his time at the jail or out chasing them like tonight. The footage earlier showed him taking down the male and chasing after Sophie but she always seems to get away.

"When do you think they'll catch Sophie?" I ask my father as I turn to look at him. He's looking at the picture of Sophie that is still playing on the screen. His face shows different emotions but the one I caught was... regret?

"I don't know" he says to me but keeps looking at the screen. His fascination of The Other Side mainly revolved around Sophie Newman. I just don't know why. Equal believing is all well and good until you bring in theft, guns and a danger to the community.

"Why do you care about Sophie Newman so much?" I question

"No reason" he mumbles as a new story comes up.

"Suit yourself" I roll my eyes and get up off the couch and head to my room.

On the way I pass the spare room that was meant for my brother or sister but mum never had one. She always wanted one but because of some difficulties while having me, she was left without a choice of whether she could have another child or not.

Ben usually stays in this room when he comes around. Got to put it to use some how.

I start dreaming about the day Ben will finally catch Sophie Newman. She was a very important member to them and I always find myself wondering why they would let her out of their protection.

There was something very wrong with that picture of her tonight. The one of just her saying to call the police if seen. It just didn't sit right with me. Brown hair, blue eyes, determined stance and look, gun in hand but why would she have that slight smile on my her lips?

<><>

So I changed the start. You likey?

I thought we could start off with Dustin's point of view so anyone who's already read the book don't spoil his character because I'm changing the book and you might say something that doesn't happen anymore.

Hope you enjoyed! See ya next chapter.