Chapter Eleven

Hey everybody!! so a couple of things:

1) I have not dropped off the face of the earth, I've just been really really busy and i'm twice as sorry as I was busy!

2)This IS NOT edited, just spell check.

3) This chapter may suck because I had really bad writers block because the action doesn't start until the next one or two chapters and I needed this as a filler chapter and lets just say stuff was not flowing and the fact that I wrote half of it today but i'm sick with a fever and cold so sense-making maybe not so much...

But please leave comments and vote and criticize (constructively) and i'm gonna go and take a nap. Its like 70 degrees outside and i'm shivering under like five blankets (okay maybe not five...) and i have the history channel on cause i must me like apocalypse theory day or something cause apparently the hindus, mayans, egyptians and some native american groups all predicted the end of the world in 2012. I'm a dork but the egyptian one was really cool, apparently the great pyramid was actually a timeline and predicted 9/11 and WW1 and if you care (which you probably don't) its called the Pyramid Inch Theory.

ok, i'm gonna stop babbling so tell me whatcha think!

xoxoxo linz

<<-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->>

Chapter 11

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 this is how it works

you're young until you're not

you love until you don't 

you try until you can't

you laugh until you cry

you cry until you laugh

and everyone must breathe

until their dying breath

--On the Radio by Regina Spektor

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I opened my eyes to a bright and cheery light filtering in from the living room through the crack under my door. Turning my head to the left I looked at Laurel’s peaceful face, completely untroubled by life’s crap in sleep. Nothing good lasts forever,  gently I began to nudge her awake, “Wake up baby, time to face the day, do something new, sing a song, paint a picture...” I woke her up the way my mom woke me up when I was little, she said that to me every day...until she wasn’t able to say it to me anymore.

“I wanna sleep though...” She mumbled, still half asleep.

“If you don’t hurry and get up Grandma is going to come in here with a bucket of cold water,” at her disbelieving look I continued, “she will do it. Trust me, it is not a pleasant way to start your day.” I grimaced at the memory and shivered.

Right on cue Grandma knocked on the door, “Girls--”

But was cut off by a girlish shriek, “We’re up, we’re up!! Please don’t throw cold water on us!” Laurel jumped out of the bed, threw open the door and dashed around Grandma so fast she looked like a squirrel of speed, Grandma just looked in the direction she had ran with an amused expression on her face.

“Laurel failed to notice the fact that our bucket is currently with Grandpa, so,” she shrugged and showed me her empty hands, “I could not possible have dumped a bucket of cold water on the two of you. And, considering the fact that it snowed last night, I don’t think a bucket of cold water would have been the right thing to do under the circumstances.” She looked at me with humor in her eyes, “also I was just going to remind you that you have a date with town hall this morning,” her expression saddened, “Happy Seventeenth Birthday, petal.”