The day before the Nature Walk

~Shuichi's POV~
-Time Skip to 1 week later-
It's been almost a week since we were stopped by the 'Goodbye Dispair' cast and yelled at by Nagito. Honestly, he kinda freaks me out a bit. He also seems really protective of Kokichi for reasons I don't know of. I know that they're related, but I don't know how close they are. Lately though, I have been asking Nagito how Kokichi has been doing since I can't see him. Apparently, everyone else has been asking him how he's doing too because I guess they're also worried about Kokichi, too. Nagito mostly just tells that he's stable and is ok, but I can't help but shake the feeling that he's not. Everyday, walk by his room so I can see him through the window and he always tons of tubes connected to him. He also has a mask over his mouth and nose, which I assume helps him breathe properly. He looked so broken and I couldn't do anything to help him. I just wanted to go in there and give him a hug and tell him that everything is gonna be alright, but I can't or else I might never be able to see him again thanks to Nagito. A voice from behind me snapped me out of the trance I was in.

"Shuichi?" I turned around to see who it was. Maki...I looked at her and I saw that her eyes only held one thing, concern. But it wasn't concern for me.. it was for Kokichi and I could tell it was for him. Ever since we got out of Danganronpa, she's been acting differently. Maybe she regrets all the things she's done to Kokichi. I replied to what she said.

"Yeah Maki?"

"How long are you gonna keep staring at him? It's not like it's gonna bring him back..." When she said that, it almost sounded like she was cry after she said that.

"Are you...gonna cry?" It appears she was at her limit and broke down crying on the floor. Other people from V3 that were around came to comfort Maki. Kaito gave her a hug and told her that everything was ok, me and Kaede nodded to her, Himiko was rubbing her back, and Kirumi gave Maki a small side hug.

"I-I'm sorry for acting like this in front of y-you guys.."

"No it's fine, Maki-Roll! We all now care about Kokichi and hope he pulls through. And I'm pretty sure you're not the only one who regrets bullying Kokichi and nearly killing him..." He looked at everyone that was around Maki and we all looked down and nodded.

"For now, until he wakes up, let's just figure out a way to have him forgive us!"

"That might not happen for a while." I looked behind me and I see Keebo there.

"Keebo?"

"Kokichi has a hard time trusting people. And I'd imagine that if you guys wanna gain his trust again, you'd have to do something insane. Considering what you did to him before and in Danganronpa, it should be a fair trade off." We all knew he was right, but we didn't know what to do or what to say. He seemed to have noticed this and just walked away. I left after Keebo left too. I went to my room and locked the door. I find myself going in and staying in my room almost all day, only coming out to eat with the others. I took a book that was about a detective solving an 'unsolvable' murder case and soon fell asleep reading it.

~Keebo's POV~
After I left the group that was in front of Kokichi's room, I met up with Rantaro to ask Nagito and the front desk to take Kokichi out to a nature center. When we got to the front desk, we actually found Nagito there talking with Mikan and Makoto.

"Ummm excuse me..?"

"Oh, hey Keebo and Rantaro. Can I help you with anything?" I was a little nervous to tell Nagito so I asked Rantaro to do it for me.

"Do you think it's possible to take Kokichi out for a nature walk tomorrow? He told us he loves plant life and how it looks. We thought it would be fun to have him get out of the rehabilitation center and take him for a walk at a nearby nature center." Nagito looked back at the others at the front desk to discuss what we suggested. When they finished talking they all looked back at us and Makoto spoke up.