Chapter 1

It was early in the morning when Karasuno's number ten woke up for morning practice. He felt off though. Was it something he ate? Was it how he slept? Did he stay up too late? Hinata shrugged it off as just being tired & went to get ready to ride his bicycle to school.

    When he got to Karasuno, he still felt the same way. He noticed that the building was taller than he remembered & the windows are more transparent than the were yesterday. Was he dreaming? He pinched himself to make sure he wasn't dreaming, which he wasn't. He pushed those thoughts to the back of his mind while he walked to the bicycle racks to chain up his bike for the day.

    Those thoughts kept on bugging him while he was walking to the clubroom until Hinata's best friend & rival, Kageyama Tobio, runs past. Hinata didn't want to lose to Kageyama, nor did he want to get left behind, so he ran to catch up to the setter. He realized another difference he had never knowticed before. Was Kageyama's hair different? Was it longer? Surely Kageyama would get a hair cut before it got to be shoulder length. Hinata was about to ask his friend that when the blue eyed boy suddenly stopped.

    "I don't have the keys," the setter said, without looking at the middle blocker.

    "Wait. I don't have them either," spoke Hinata in a slightly panicked manour, "do you know who does?" Kageyama's head shook horizontally, signifying that he, in fact, had no idea.

    After about ten minutes of waiting for other people to arrive, Kageyama wanted to talk to Hinata.

    "Hinata, there is something I want to tell you," the setter said in a dushed voice, "I don't want anything to change between us, & you can hate me if you want. It is just that I trust you &-."

    Hinata interupted Kageyama's rambling, "Just tell me already. I won't get mad." Kageyama looked at Hinata for the first time today, with wide eyes.

    "You promise?" Hinata nodded a yes in responce. "Ok. Hinata do you know what being transgender means?"

    Hinata's eyes widened a little bit, realizing what Kageyama was trying to say. He then nodded a yes, but smaller this time. "It means that you identify with a different gender than the one you were assigned at birth, right?"

    Kageyama was shocked at Hinata's knowlege of the topic. "Yes, & what I want to tell you has something to do with that."

     Hinata was starting to look a little annoyed. "Well why don't you just spit it out already?"

    Kageyama's eyes closed & he spoke in a calm, soft voice, "I'm a girl."

    Hinata was baffled. Not with that fact that his best friend said that she was a girl, but with the fact that she didn't tell him before. Hinata's face softened & said, "Ok. Do you have a prefered name & pronouns?"

    Kagayama looked suprised. She then smiled as best as she could & said, "Tomoko, & she/her pronouns if you will."

    A good fifteen minutes later, Ennoshita comes to the clubroom. It turnes out he had the keys & left Hinata & Kageyama outside for twenty five minutes, together. Ennoshita was supprised the two didn't kill each other. The three than entered the clubroom, Hinata & Ennoshita changing at a normal pace, while Kageyama was changing slower than normal. Ennoshita is the one to leave first & when he did Hinata asked Kageyama a question. "Why are you changing slower than normal?" Kageyama gave the small middle blocker a death start but Hinata still didn't get it.

    Kageyama wasn't supprised though, so then she said," guess dumbass." Suddenly Hinata understood & turned around slowly, to give Kageyama some privacy.

    It was about fifteen minutes later when everyone else showed up. By the time they did, Hinata, Kageyama, & Ennoshita, who was convinced to do this, were practicing their reciving together. The three didn't realize the other players watching them for another five minutes, until Tanaka ran up to them & smacked Ennoshita's back. Then, Daichi called a team meeting. "Hey guys. Gather around so we can discuss some things coming up before we get started."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WELL then. That was fun to write, since I love giving the three looked over second years some spotlight. I know I only put Ennoshita in & not Kinoshita or Narita, BUT I will soon. Also please tell me if I make a mistake spelling, or about trans women, or about any identity I write about in this book because the last thing I would want is for someone to get offended because of a stupid mistake.

- Big Sibling Authour