20. Wednesday 19th (3)

"Actually... it's a boy"

Lance's mom was silent, she didn't say a word. Lance was getting worried, he was shaking a little bit and tears were threatening to escape.

"I-I'm sorry" he said, he crossed his arms and looked out the window and he cried in silence.

"We'll talk about it when we get home." his mom sternly says. Lance let out a sob but then put a hand over his mouth so he didn't make any noise.

Shortly after, Lance felt Keith move next to him. He looked at the other boy, he wrapped his arms around Lance and looked up at him.

"It'll be ok" he whispered. Lance smiled as Keith got closer to him, he sat in the middle seat and rested his head on Lance's shoulder once again. Lance grew tired from crying and slowly fell asleep.

At about 10 o'clock, Krolia started driving. Lance's mom was still awake, she was looking out the window silently.

"Rosa, you said yourself you thought something would happen between our sons. So why did you react like this when he told you he liked a boy?" Krolia asked.

"I guess now that he told me, it's official. I don't know if I'm ready to see my son dating a boy." She says.

"So the problem wasn't that he'd date Keith is that he'd date a boy. Right?"

"...yes, I've doubted he was gay for a while. He has this little flag on his wall. I'm not dumb! I know it's a pride flag. I just hoped it wasn't..." she confessed, krolia nodded.

"We'll be careful with what you say or do.. my ex-husband... he didn't like that Keith was gay and he got violent. That messed with Keith a whole lot"

"I just always imagined my son marrying a woman, and having kids! A family!"

"He can still do that, he can adopt with a man, he'll still have a family. But if you wanna stay his family, at least tell him you accept him... even if you don't totally mean it" krolia proposed. Rosa responded with a 'hm'.

"Do you love him less?" Krolia asked, Rosa shook her head rapidly.

"Of course not!"

"That just means it's gonna take you a little bit of time"

"Maybe you're right"