✎chapter¹⁶

"do you guys think he's safe?" (y/n) asked them, mainly to jongho.

"i don't know, he just walked away randomly." jongho said.

"this is all your fault, (y/n)!" adeline glared at her. (y/n) just ignored her and stood for a moment, thinking what to do.

"we weren't allowed to bring phones to the game, and now we can't contact wooyoung. what if he's lost, jongho? im worried" (y/n) said, tearing up a little.

jongho sighed. he didn't know these people, but he definitely didn't want someone from his grade getting lost. nor did he want to deal with a crying girl.

"it's been only 30 minutes since the event started, let's wait a little more?" jongho asked.

"okay.. but im really worried.. what if wild animals attack him?!" (y/n) gasped.

"there aren't any animals like that here. which is why it's an ideal place to learn about camping, (y/n)" jongho chuckled.

"besides, it doesn't make any difference. alone or together, we'd die anyway if wild animals were here." jongho shrugged.

and so jongho and (y/n) actually tried looking for the treasure. adeline kept complaining about how tired she was every now and then, making both (y/n) and jongho mad.

few minutes later, they gave up.

"i think we're dumb, can't find anything" (y/n) chuckled.

"we started late, pretty sure the other teams are way ahead of us." jongho shrugged.

"jongho, let's go look for wooyoung. the game is gonna be over in a couple of minutes anyway."

adeline said she'd rather stay there for sometime and they gladly accepted, wanting no more of her whining.

jongho and (y/n) walked around and looked for him. they often bumped into other teams, who were returning.

"we should go back to the base and report to the teacher." jongho said.

"you go. ill continue looking for him." (y/n) said. she was too worried to not to.

"okay, come back soon though. i think it's better to report." jongho said, walking away.

||

reaching the base, jongho was about to report to the teacher until he saw something which made him stop.

"wooyoung, what are you doing here?"

"what do you mean?" he asked.

"we were looking for you, thinking you got lost." jongho rolled his eyes.

"why would i get lost? i literally had my phone with me. im not stupid" wooyoung said. jongho mentally face palmed.

soon, everyone else returned to the base. after the winning team was announced, everyone started preparing for dinner.

that's when they noticed someone missing.

"yo, where is (y/n)? she was your team right?" mingi asked wooyoung.

"what do you mean? she's not with you?" wooyoung asked.

"i asked jongho and adeline, both didn't know.." mingi frowned. wooyoung widened his eyes.

"that idiot.. did she get lost?!"

"yeah, looks like it." mingi said, noticing that you were nowhere to be found.

------------------✂