✎chapter¹⁷

darkness. darkness everywhere.

(y/n) was really bad at directions. she always gets lost easily in new places. so why, why did she decide to part ways and look for him alone? no phone, no light. it wasn't very dark before, but now thick clouds covered the sky.

"this is nothing. wooyoung probably needs help. i can't let my fear of darkness get me. not now." (y/n) whispered to herself.

the sound of trees shaking in the cold breeze, buzzing of insects, leaves crunching under her feet.. heck, everything scared her. it didn't help when an ear-splitting thunder roared.

she tripped on a branch and fell down. not even bothering to get up, she sat with her head between her knees.

she was so scared. for the first time, she felt hopeless. how long had she gone missing? thirty minutes? an hour? why didn't anyone come for her?

nothing scared her more than darkness. it wasn't because of the lack of light. it was because, she doesn't know who's watching her. she felt anxious, mind jumping to negative thoughts.

(y/n) was normally an optimistic person. she loved helping others, and would always try her best to cheer them up. but she was never the one to open up a lot. (f/n) was a good friend, but she's far away.. and words don't comfort (y/n) anymore. before she knew it, she stopped opening up about her demons. she would bottle everything up, hoping to throw it all away one day. she would not let anyone worry about her.

so why is she lost, like an idiot? mingi and yunho are probably worried. the teacher must be looking for her. her classmates are probably teaming up and searching instead of going to bed.

'wooyoung.. is he okay?'

"im okay. it's okay. no one will hurt me. im fine." she muttered, tears cascading down her cheeks. every second that passed made her more and more anxious. images of ghosts that she saw on horror movies,  her nightmares, she couldn't stop thinking about them.

"i-i don't even know if he's okay. why am i so useless?" she sobbed. every time she wiped her tears away, a new set of them fell down.

"(y/n)?"

she flinched, failing to notice who the voice belonged to. she covered her ears and closed her eyes, as if to protect herself from whatever that came for her.

"p-please don't kill me!!" she said, voice cracking. her body starting shaking, she was scared.

wooyoung just stared at her for a moment. was this really the (y/n) he knew? what happened to the loud girl who always smiled and annoyed him?

the sound of the footsteps came near, (y/n) kept her eyes closed. then a warm hand stroked her head lightly. calming down, (y/n) looked up and met his eyes.

"idiot, everyone is looking for you." he said.

--------------------✂