Chapter 4: In the Bed, In the Shower

Bokuto's jaw hung open as he stared at what lay on his bed.

In the very center of his big gray blanket, fast asleep, sprawled out for Bokuto to see, laid Akaashi- his shirt and pants nowhere to be found.

Bokuto just stood there for a moment, watching the smaller boy's bare chest rise and fall in a steady pattern.

He's definitely asleep now.

Suddenly Bokuto came to his senses. His entire body went stiff, as he questioned what to do for a moment.

Then, he heard Akaashi mumbling something to himself. He seemed agitated. Bokuto silently walked over and set the water down on his desk, gently nudging Akaashi awake to check on him.

Akaashi woke with a jolt, and for a moment, looked up into Bokuto's big golden eyes with a strange look he had never seen before, although he quickly returned to normal but looked slightly redder than before.

Bokuto paid no attention to this though- he was trying to think of what to say... while trying not to stare.

Suddenly Akaashi grabbed Bokuto's arm, no words, but Bokuto could tell somehow, and he picked him up and dragged him to the bathroom where Akaashi sat by the toilet for a moment before vomiting. Bokuto didn't know what he was supposed to do to help him, so he just sat down next to him and slowly rubbed his back.

Akaashi's bare skin felt cold against Bokuto's warm hands, despite having complained about the temperature the entire night. Akaashi lifted his head up weakly for a moment and looked at Bokuto, not smiling exactly, but there was something about his expression, and he could tell that Akaashi was grateful.

"Thanks.. Bokuto San.."

Akaashi said it so quietly he wasn't sure if he had heard him, but even if he didn't, he was just glad that Bokuto was with him.

They both sat back for a moment, Akaashi pressing his face against the cold wall as they sat in silence. Not an awkward silence, but a comfortable silence, where you just feel at peace, where words are nothing but an accessory. After a moment, Akaashi noticed how dirty he was- it had been a few hours and he was slightly more sober than when he had first come here.

He smelled of alcohol and sweat and his mouth tasted horrible from throwing up. His voice was raspy,

"Hey- Bokuto San?"

"Hmm?"

"Would you mind if I used your shower? I feel dirty.."

Bokuto responded way too quickly, his voice rising in pitch,

"Yea! Of course Akaashi! You can feel free to do whatever you want.. haha.." he stood up awkwardly, lifting Akaashi to his feet with one arm.

They stood there for a moment, neither of their eyes meeting.

"Uh, I'll leave you to it then I guess."

Bokuto started toward the bathroom door but stopped in his tracks when he felt Akaashi's thin fingers wrap around his arm.

"B-Bokuto San, wait.."

What could Akaashi possibly need?

"I- don't wanna be alone.."

What?? What could possibly be in my bathroom that could make him not wanna be alone?

"W-would you mind just.. sitting here or something?

YES I WOULD MIND- I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH MORE OF THIS MY HEART CAN TAKE!

However, Bokuto's words differed greatly from his thoughts.

"Uh, sure Akaashi."

Although internally, Bokuto was panicking, he just put on a smile and sat in the corner facing away from the shower and closed his eyes, listening to the rustling of fabric as he heard Akaashi slipping out of clothes, the light clang of the shower door closing and the rhythmic sounds of water hitting Akaashi's skin..

He imagined what it would be like in that shower with him.. To be the one rubbing soap all over Akaashi's body... wherever he wanted... all over his beautiful skin... Just the thought was turning him on. Suddenly, an idea crossed his mind.

An idea which he could never tell if he regretted or not..

"Hey uh- Akaashi?"

"Mhm?"

Bokuto paused for a moment, clearing his throat.

"Would you mind if I- got in with you?"

Word count:  688