Heat Of Battle

ALEX

The weight of my saber has grown heavy in my hands. "ON YOUR LEFT," I screamed at the Knights of Ren. I was tired and covered in sweat and worried. I couldn't find Kylo anywhere. I reached out to him with my mind, but he didn't respond. He's either busy or hurt, and I don't know if I love either of those options. I continued as the leader I pretend to be and ignore the pain in my wrists as I swing down on the last rebel officer. A brief silence fell over the land, followed by the groans and screams of the fallen fighters. Both sides suffered losses, but we prevailed again. They kept pushing us, but we pushed back harder and stronger than before. We will not let them crush us. I've worked too hard to let them win. "My Queen, we should get you back to the ship. We've done all we came here for." I wiped the sweat from my brow and nodded, letting them escort me back to the ship. When we boarded, Kylo was there. He had a few cuts but nothing major. I inspected his body to make sure. He pulled my face to his and kissed me. When he pulled away, we both spoke at the same time. "I'm glad your safe." I couldn't wait to get home.

***

I crept out of the shower a little before Kylo and gave his ass a little squeeze giggling as I ran away before he could pull me back in. I got into my pjs and combed my curls, then I tiptoed into the room at the end of the hall and peeked inside. My little girl was cuddled up with her stuffed bunny. Rosy cheeks and curly black hair splayed out across her pillow just as id left her. I silently walked over and tucked her blankets around her, and kissed the top of her head. I stood over her, just watching the way her chest would rise and fall with the air filling her lungs. I felt Kylo's arms wrap around me. "She's so beautiful, isn't she," I whispered. "She looks like her mom, so of course she is." I kissed his hand and leaned back into his embrace. "I love her so much. Even more than you." He scoffed. "I'm hurt." He feigned sadness. "You'll get over it." I grinned as he tickled my side. "It just amazes me everyday how lucky we are." I turned in his arms. "I just never dreamed after what happened that I'd be a mother, you know, and now we have a smart, beautiful, and stubborn little girl. Four going on 20." He placed a gentle kiss on my lips. "She's like her mother in every...(kiss)single...(kiss)way...(kiss)." I looked back at her. "She's fine. Now let's go to bed." I nodded my head and started to walk out, glancing back one more time.

***

"Oh, fuck." I moaned as I rode Kylo. It was always the same after a fight. We both needed the release. When Marie's voice popped into my head,

it happened again, Alex. I dreamt of him again. Have you been having nightmares too? I miss you... Please...please see me again soon...

I haven't heard from her in over a month. If she was dreaming about him again, she can't be doing well. I haven't seen her since her wedding. It's been seven years. She has a little boy of her own. Elias, I've only seen pictures, but I can tell from his smile he's Marie through and through. I want to see them again. Maybe we can make time to visit it's almost Christmas. Perhaps a surprise. I hardly noticed as Kylo stopped moving. "Are you alright? Your mind is scattered." I started moving again and pressed my palms to his chest. "I'm fine, baby." He didn't seem convinced but didn't complain as I rolled my body, moving my hands behind me to rest on his knees. "Fuck, fuck, fuck." Kylo groaned as he finished inside of me. I climbed off my mind, too distracted. "Let me help you. I can tell you have a lot on your mind." He reached between my legs.

***

"What do you think about making a quick trip to earth today," I asked Kylo fast over breakfast. "Earth?" He asked as he placed a bowl of oatmeal in front of Blake. "Is this about last night?" I nodded, mouth full of toast. "I want to see Marie and Bill. I also want to meet our nephew." He seemed to be thinking it over. "Has Marie been keeping up with her training?" As far as I know, she has. She tells me that she practices every day. "Yes, she has." He seemed to be thinking about something, and before I could pry, he agreed. "Alright." I rolled my eyes and figured maybe I could convince Marie to come back with us again and bring a little Christmas cheer to this tin can we call home. "AWESOME," I yelled and immediately softened my voice to speak to Blake. "My precious little girl were going on a little trip today." She sighed, wise beyond her years that one. "Again." She said, twirling her curls around her finger.

"I promise we won't be gone long, and there's a surprise." She smiled at the word surprise. "What?" I kissed her little cheeks and whispered in her ear. "Aunt Marie and Uncle Bill." Her eyes were glowing when I pulled away. "I get to meet them." She was so excited I was starting to think she thought I'd made them up.

"Well, I suppose that's an acceptable reason then." I laughed. She was such a little smarty pants. "Look at you, missy." Kylo grinned, watching her jump down from her chair and grab her crayons and book. "I'm going to colour now, mommy." I shook my head and cleared her dishes. "She has your attitude too." I smacked Kylo's arm and laughed. "You better be careful you don't want me to spank you." I stuck my ass in the air and wiggled it. "Maybe I do, maybe I don't."

***

Soon we were all on the ship flying to earth. I didn't bother replying to Marie; I wanted to surprise her. Hours later, when we finally landed, Kylo camouflaged the ship. When we found the house, I practically skipped up the driveway to hide from the windows. I made Kylo and Blake wait in the back. I raised my hand and made three loud knocks on the door.