The Silence After

ALEX 

"I'll tell you what's going on. We're all sleeping in the same bed tonight. All of us...." I said in a shaky voice. I picked up Blake and sat her on the couch next to Elias. "Baby, can you grab the kids their pillows and stuffies. I asked Kylo as Bill ran away with the gifts while the kids were distracted. "Of course." He left the room a second later.

I got down on my knees before her and tucked some hair behind her ears. "Are you alright, Hunny?" She sniffled. "I'm scared I didn't like him, mommy. He told me he was Santa and I should come with him." I growled, and a vase broke on the table. "Son of a bitch." Elias gasped at the broken vase. "I'm sorry, sweetie." Blake held his hand. "Mommy and Daddy have special powers." She stated as if this was a regular thing. He looked at his mother, confused. "Really....can I see." I wanted to distract the kids, and maybe this was the best way. "Alright." I locked eyes with Marie. I'm going to float him, do you trust me? I spoke inside her mind; she smiled. I missed that. Yeah, I think he will love it. "Hey, why don't you and Blake sit on the floor over there, and I'll show you something cool." They excitedly sat down on the floor. I closed my eyes and focused my mind. I heard some faint squeaks of laughter as I lifted them.

I opened my eyes and watched them float a few feet in the air. "THIS IS SO MUCH FUN, AUNTIE ALEX," Elias yelled. The two of them looked so happy and excited I forgot for a minute why I was doing this. Marie was smiling, too, as I lowered them back down. Then I used the force and moved one of Blakes spaceships around the room. "That's so cool." Elias and Blake ran towards me and hugged me tightly. "I love you, auntie Alex." I loved this so much I felt so warm and happy with the kids in my arms. Kylo and Bill came out with pillows and about ten stuffed animals. "Ummm, alright." I laughed. Kylo scooped up Blake with his free hand, and she squealed with laughter. "DADDY, YOUR BEING SILLY." He smirked. "SILLY, ILL SHOW YOU SILLY." He threw her over his shoulder and started tickling her. "I think it's time we went to bed. It's getting late, and we don't want to keep Santa waiting." Marie grabbed Elias by the hand and led him to our bedroom while Bill and I quickly put the gifts under the tree.

Kylo had his arms around my waist in big spoon position while Marie and Bill do the same on the other side. The kids lay between Marie and I. "I don't like this, Marie something is wrong I can feel it," I whispered. She looked nervous. "I think you're right, Alex, and something definitely feels off. How did he make it out of there alive, and why now, after all this time is he resurfacing." I reached across for her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. "Whatever happens, we stand together and don't look back." Marie was right. Whatever happens, we can get through it. We always have, and we always will.

***

An aggressive tap woke me up. I blinked a few times and saw Bill standing over me. "Get up, Alex its Christmas morning. The kids are ready to open gifts." I yawned and let Bill pull me out of bed. "I'm so tired," I grumbled. Bill smiled, and I yelped as he put me over his shoulder. The kids laughed as he carried me to the living room and threw me on the couch. "She's awake now." I smacked his arm, and he told the kids to go wild. Once gifts were open, the kids were on the floor playing together while we talked and sipped our coffee.

"Thank's so much for doing this with us its much more fun with you here. Plus, after what happened last night, I don't know how to feel with Hux being alive and the rebels trying to close in on us. I'm just worried." She smiled and placed a hand on my shoulder. "It will be alright. I have a good feeling." I wished I could believe that, but I know that something big is coming and I don't know if I'll be able to stop it.

***

The next morning we wasted no time. Marie wanted to come with us to find Hux. Bill would stay behind with the kids while we brought him in or at least tracked his location. Marie strapped her saber to her hip and put on one of my old battle outfits. "You look fucking cool." She laughed. "I do, don't I a badass warrior." I strapped mine to my hip, and soon we were boarding the ship. The ship was filled with nervous energy. I held Marie's hand, afraid of what was going to come. "If it comes to a fight, promise me something." I pleaded with her. "What?" She had a concerned look in her eyes. "Stay as far away from me as you can. For everyone's sake, it might get a little crazy, and I don't want you to see that." She thought about it, looking into my eyes for something, then she just nodded and sat back in her seat, remaining quiet for the rest of the trip.

We emerged outside, and I was surprised to find a small village. Everyone's attention turned to us as we came in. "Where is he? We know you're hiding him. Hand him over, and no one will get hurt." Kylo spoke with the same commanding tone he usually uses. I like it when he uses it. It turns me on a little if I'm honest. Battle, in general, gets the blood pumping. An older man stepped forward with a shovel in his hand. "We won't give him up. He's going to take you, people, down, and when he does, the universe will smile."

Marie screamed behind me. "WATCH OUT." Kylo ducked as a blaster was fired in the crowd aiming for him. I forced it away before it hit me. "Ok, so the hard way," I said to Kylo. I smiled and fired up my saber and looked back at Marie, and she did the same. The chaos ensued, and everything was blood and fighting. Hux was nowhere to be found, and Marie, as promised, stayed away from me while some stormtroopers watched her back. I was cutting people down left and right, hardly knowing who was who. When my space was quiet, I looked around at the pile of bodies surrounding me. There were women, men, children, anyone who got in my way. When I start fighting, this wild animal takes over, and I fight until no one is left standing. I was standing over the bodies breathing heavy I spun around as someone ran at me and tried to hit me. I stabbed my saber into his chest. It was a kid no more than 12. I'd say he dropped a small knife to the ground, and It landed at Marie's feet. My eyes landed on her's she looked horrified.