Chapter 2

I struggled as I hauled the last of the luggage onto the van. We were in Gangwon, filming for the new drama starring Kim Taehyung. And we had just finished for the day. I say that meaning Kim Taehyung's team was finished for the day. There was still some filming left, but he's no longer a part of it. Thus, we can all go back to the hotel where we'll be staying at for the five days that we'll be filming in Gangwon. Our team was composed of the manager, Mr. Cho, a make-up/hair artist, stylist, driver, and two floor directors: me and my senior, Oh Nami. I was the youngest and the newest in the team. And our jobs were to run around doing the bidding of whoever's in need. Oh Nami's kind, but he's older than I am and had been, for the longest time, doing this job alone. So, he's savoring the fact that he now has someone lower than him in ranking, someone he can boss around. And while he's busy clearing up the things Kim Taehyung used, I was the one in charge of lugging them all back to the van.

It was tough work and the pay's probably not enough to justify what I'm doing. But this wasn't my real job. And my real job would pay me more – so, so much more than what Oh Nami probably earned his whole life working – than what it was paying me now.

After making sure that everything's all packed carefully, I closed the van doors and leaned against it for a while. I was tired. It had been a long day of manual labor for me, something I'm still getting used to. This is my first week as a staff at Purple Entertainment and the most I'd done back in the agency was sort through the stuff in the storage rooms.

I watched as another car passed by ours, stopping right in front of it. Then, our driver stepped out and went around, opening the back door, and waited patiently for Kim Taehyung to get in. One of the producers of the show were thanking him and Mr. Cho for their hard work today. After the pleasantries, Mr. Cho guided Kim Taehyung to the car. The two never even glanced at me. I doubted that Taehyung even knew who I was.

But of course, I knew him. Everyone knows who he is. The famous actor, known as the modern chameleon for his ability to portray different roles with ease. I'd watch his dramas and movies before, and he was good. He has a unique charm that attracts people so that they always fall for him even if his role was the villain. His drama The Boy Next Door proved that. Even though he was the evilest of the evil in that show, in the end, he was much more popular than the main couple. He's no Gong Yoo, of course, but he is good. So, yes, I knew him. However, I highly doubt that he knew me. If he did, he would also be looking at me right now.

After he got in, Mr. Cho looked around and saw me. He gave Taehyung a nod then made his way to me. I froze.

"Sujin-ssi," Mr. Cho called out, smiling genially. I gave him a bow. He stopped two paces away from me, then gave me a meaningful look. "Tonight," he whispered. "Be ready around ten. I'll come by your room."

I nodded my head in assent. He smiled, then walked back to their car and got in. I watched them drive off. Me and everyone else will be riding in the van, with Oh Nami driving. We might be his staff, but Kim Taehyung never mingles with the staff. Nothing personal, just company policy. I heaved a sigh and went back to work. But I was distracted.

I was nervous. And I had half a mind to just run away. Run away from it all and never come back. I looked around me, staring at the women who bustled around the site, harboring their own thoughts. I wondered what they would be thinking if they knew that before the night ends, they would be having sex with Kim Taehyung?

I graduated high school at the age of twenty-two. I know, too late already. However, I came from a poor family and half the time I should be studying, I was working to feed myself, my mom and my little sister. I did all sorts of odd jobs, and normally, one in my position wouldn't even think about their education, let alone dream of finishing it. But I was smart. Smart enough to convince my school to keep me even if I was too old already. I was their top student after all. I outperformed all the other students by a wide margin. And when I graduated last year, I was the local hero of the youth: the girl who beat the odds.