Chapter 14

WARNING: Contains sexual content and other scenes that audience might find disturbing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hummed softly and tunelessly as I walked home. I was sore all over – from being on the hard earth for a long time, from being bent over at a crazy angle, from changing that tire – but I couldn't wipe the goofy smile off my face. Last night was the longest, craziest night of my life.

And also, my happiest.

I giggled uncontrollably for what felt like the umpteenth time as I neared my apartment. We couldn't stop having sex on the ground. But we had to go back. That was a public road and anytime, someone could pass by. We couldn't risk it. So, after one last quickie as he pressed me up against the car door, we got dressed and cleaned up the clearing we'd made. Our clothes were dirty and stained with cum, but we had no other clothes with us. For the life of me, I didn't know how we made it back to his place safely. We were still just so hot for each other. I know I kept on running a hand over his crotch. At every stop light, he would pull me in for a kiss.

I really don't know what it was, but for my part, I think it's got something to do with my telling him the rest of my story. It was like a proof to myself that he's someone I trust. I don't know what he sees in me or even how he sees me, but I trust him. Just hearing his voice loosens me up. Like, I know whatever troubles I have, he'll make them go away, which is what I've been feeling every time I go to his place. I feel as though I'm entering a different world where the woes of Lee Sujin do not exist.

We finally got to his place, where I saw the state of our clothes. It was five in the morning, but I couldn't risk going home like that. We were both dirty from changing the tire and all that sex on the ground. And one look at what we're wearing is enough to let anyone know what we've been up to. Or at least, what I was up to. I had no choice but to wash them or else Sunny will know everything. Of course, I had to be naked while my clothes rolled around in the washer. Taehyung said I could take a shower again. And, yes, this time, he did join me. We never got around to actually washing up. We just had sex under the hot water.

Something changed about him too. He was a lot more tender and passionate than before. I'm inclined to think that he's still recalling the fact that I nearly had sex with someone else that night, and that he's "basking in the glory" of winning me. I know I'm not some prize to be won, but if that will get me more nights like the one we just had, then so be it. Like what he said when this all started, might as well make the most out of it.

When it was time for me to really leave, Taehyung begged me to stay. I didn't want to go either, but I have to. Fantasy's over, time to go back to reality. So, we kissed one last time and then I left. And I hadn't been able to stop smiling since then.

I climbed the stairs, still humming that tuneless melody. I shouldn't be this happy, but I am. Every time he fucked me last night was like a new experience for me. And every orgasm was just as mind-blowing as the last one. For the first time, I looked forward to our next night. I had a feeling it would be soon. I wished it would be soon.

However, like all joys in my bittersweet life, this one was to be short-lived.

I entered our apartment quietly, knowing that Sunny was asleep. But to my surprise, the lights were on and Sunny was in the living room wide awake.

"Unnie!" she cried, jumping to her feet, and running over to me. She tackled me and hugged me tight. "Where were you?! Why weren't you answering your phone? I've been so worried sick!"

That turned off my happiness switch. Instantly, I was on the alert. "Why, what happened? What's wrong, Sunny? Are you hurt?" I asked, prying her off me and holding her an arm's length away as I inspected her. "What happened? Tell me!"