Chapter 11

WARNING: Contains sexual content and other scenes that audience might find disturbing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Jimin and I decided that we're both going to make a run for it in the entertainment industry, I really thought that we'd be doing it together. But when being an idol proved too much for me and decided to become an actor instead, our paths diverged a little. And instead, I found myself in the lineup with the son of the president of Purple Entertainment, Go Hangyeol.

Hangyeol-hyung was a year older than I was and extremely good looking. Back then, me and the other trainees thought that it was just the sheerest of bad luck for us to be starting out with him. He was the president's son. He was much more handsome than all of us. Of course, they were going to pick him for absolutely anything. The man looked good on film after all. But Hangyeol-hyung was a kind man. He befriended all the other trainees and made all those from outside of Seoul feel welcome. He would bring us food forbidden by the company and take all the blame when we're caught eating them. He knew we were wary of his status, so he would go out of his way to push someone else for the job if he knows they're going to do better than him.

Most important of all, he became my best friend in the company. Hangyeol-hyung and I shared the same thing: grandmothers who wanted us to become stars. In his case, however, his father was against the idea. Being the only son, he wanted Hangyeol-hyung to learn the trade and take over the company for him when he retires. The only reason why he allowed hyung to join the roster was because hyung convinced him that he would be better able to understand the business by training along with its talents. He told me, and only me, that he loathed to give away the roles for him but he knew that it would pan out to nothing anyway since his father will pull him out as soon as he finishes high school.

Which, he did. Hangyeol-hyung left for the States then where he studied in one of the Ivy League schools. Their family was rich and since the day of his graduation, I had not seen him since. We still keep in touch, but lately, we'd fallen out of communication. Either I was too busy, or he was in a different time zone. But I will forever be thankful to him. Nobody says it, but we all think that part of the reason why I'm this successful is because he favored me above all the rest. I was the one he recommended the most for roles he had to pass over. I was the one he introduced to his father as a talented young man.

But as the last vestiges of summer faded into autumn, I was surprised one day when, as I was waiting in the conference room at the company daydreaming out my previous night with Sujin, in walked through the door Go Hangyeol himself.

"Kim Taehyung-ssi!" he screamed out loud, walking in with his hands open wide. "You son of a gun, get in here!"

"Hyung!" I cried out in surprise, jumping out of my chair and running over to him. I bear-tackled the man and we both laughed at our silliness. "Hyung! You're back! When did you get back?" I asked, as he held me an arm's length away.

"Yesterday morning," he said, looking me up and down. "I wanted to see everyone again, but stupid jetlag wouldn't leave me. Still won't to be honest. But look at you bro!" He gave me a hard slap on the arm. I couldn't stop grinning. "Wow, the famous Kim Taehyung," he said in English. "They're talking just as much about you in the States, you know? Of course, that Jimin is much more well-known, but still," he shrugged. "My boy's not lagging behind."

Hyung grinned at me from ear to ear. I know I was grinning back just as foolishly.

"You've changed so much," we both said at the same time, making us laugh uproariously again. I know people outside were looking in but seeing as he's the president's son and I was Kim Taehyung they didn't bother to shut us up.