CHAPTER 8: FRIENDSHIP

JIHYO's Pov

I finished decorating Nayeon unnie's dining area, I hanged the papers with "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" written on it and added some balloons around it. It consumed lots of time especially I am the only one who did it. I should have asked at least one of them for help. I was about to open the cake that Mina's Mom made but the sound of my phone interrupted me. I took it out from my pocket then looked the screen and found out it was Mina.

"네 Mina-ssi?"

"Pinky Oppa will be there any minute now, wait for him to the basement."

"왜? and who is Pinky Oppa?"

"My driver, something came up, Dahyun's bestfr-"

"Okay okay, when is Pinky Oppa's coming? I'm on my way to the basement now, tell him to get here as fast as he could please." I said while my hands are trembling then I hanged up. Hoping that she was fine and nothing serious happened to her, but my feelings kept bothering me.

I managed to get my things even though my hands were trembling then made my way out from unnie's unit. I headed towards the elevator and pushed the button for the basement. I could not think straight from this moment, lots of negative thoughts kept popping on my head. I shrugged those thoughts away then inhaled and exhaled loudly just to calm myself down.

Dahyun must be worried right now then I pictured herself crying and trembling with fear knowing how she cared towards her friend not just friend but bestfriend, Chaeyoung. For all I know, Chaeyoung was the also bestfriend that Dahyun addresses with. Not to mention, Chaeyoung was one of my friend the moment I entered I.U.K,  back then I don't have any idea that she is the one and only daughter of Son family, the owner of I.U.K. She never bragged about her status in life. Yoo Jeongyeon is her cousin, they always bond together with Dahyun. Until Jeongyeon decided to introduced them to us. Nayeon unnie, me, and Jeongyeon were friends since middle school like how Dahyun and Chaeyoung became friend but unlike them the three of us came from different school but decided to transfer in I.U.K to take up our Junior Highschool together. I.U.K has a program for middle schooler that is why Chaeyoung studied in I.U.K then that was the day she met Dahyun.

We became friend, enough for us to be close and to know each other. Time passes by quickly that with the blink of an eye, Jeongyeon disappeared along with Chaeyoung. Then after few months of being MIA (Missing In Action) she got back but still no sign of Jeongyeon, then she got missing again after the scene I got involved few years ago without Nayeon unnie and Dahyun knowing it. That was the day I heard everything that Dahyun said towards her bestfriend and how it affects our friendship and of course the both of them.

FLASHBACK

I was on my way to Nayeon unnie's apartment when I saw this familiar car parked on the side of the street, then I saw a familiar figure came out from the car and recognized that it was Dahyun. I was about to approached them while smiling from ear to ear but I stopped on my track when I heard those words that came out from Dahyun.

"Don't call me bestfriend and bro again, let's pretend we did not know each other especially at school, treat me as stranger because that's what I feel when you left me without telling anything up until NOW. By the way, thank you for the ride, and I am really happy seeing you again." Hearing those words came out from the girl who loves her bestfriend the most hurts the hell out of me. I know how hurt she was while saying those words harshly towards her bestfriend. But I know also how affected she was being left alone by her own bestfriend.