CHAPTER 9: Against All

DAHYUN's Pov

"Oh! Mr. Son! I thought you could not make it because you were still on your business meeting when I received a call from you." Doctor Park said we parted to make a way for him so that he could approach the man. When he passes by through us we slowly turned around to face the both of them.

There he is, standing firmly, you could sense the authority through his presence, nothings changed except the white hair and wrinkles that you could noticed right away. The last time I saw him was before I decided to stop looking for my bestfriend because that was also the day I knew about her condition and her secrets that she kept from me. That was also the day I felt useless as a bestfriend.

I thought that was it, but what I have found out that shocked me the most and could not even believed if it was all true or not but I still keep it to myself as far as I could for the sake of everyone especially Chaeyoung. That was I decided and chose to stop then let her parents do what ever they wanted beside even what kind your parents are, I know or at least they would never do such thing that could harm their own child.

Even though I already made a decision my conscience hunts me and decided let the unnies know about Chaeyoung's condition and all the secrets that she kept from us especially what Mr. Son told me. After that all of us feels the same, we could not accept the fact that they chose to kept their mouth shut rather than telling her the truth. I know she would not be able to bear it all at once but at least she will not gonna live in the world with all lies. I wanted her to leave that world and make her live freely.

I was planning to tell her sooner, but Mr. Son made sure to kept her Daughter away from us. We even planned everything but we were too late, we found out that she already left the country we did not even know where the hell she was.

We did not just stop there. We still kept looking for her whereabouts but I know there was a person who kept pulling us down even though we kept pushing as much as we can just to let the truth to be untold and lies to get buried. Luck was not really on our side, we were so young to win the battle against them, we were so young to get a death threats. Even our families got involved, that was the day we chose to remain silent and let all the lies blinded our bestfriend and us.

Mr. Son made an agreement that we should keep our mouth shut and let her Daughter live a normal life that she deserves rather than the truth that would led her into a downfall or else he will make sure that our family would not live a life that we have and made sure there will nothing we could do about our future. We pleaded not to let our parents know about what happened and we will make sure that Chaeyoung will never know things that she should not know.

"The girls are also here, they really love my Daughter huh?." Reminiscing the past encounter that we had made me wanted to slap his face. Hearing his voice again is not helping, I know what he was talking about. I did not realized that I was clenching my fist when Jihyo holds it making sure to calm me down.

"Oh! 안녕하세요 Mr. Son." Nayeon unnie greeted him politely, but I know it was all for the show because Doctor Park is here with us now.

"You never disappoint me with your attitude since then Nayeon-ssi." There you go, I know he was referring to. He even looked at me and also to Jihyo unnie while raising his eyebrow.

"안녕하세요 Mr. Son, I never thought we could see you again despite your busy schedule, it is sad that we met because of an unfortunate reason." Jihyo unnie said the only truth on what she said was the last part.