Chapter 11: Heartfilia? Heartfilia!

"Lucy! We'll be there in a few hours! Do you want us to get anything for you while you go exploring?" Usopp asked as he took stock of his materials. Lucy looked at him and smiled, but shook her head before turning back to gaze out at the sea. Out on the open sea, a day after her bounties release, they all decided to head to the last island in the East Blue. Or, more accurately, the last island they needed to go to before leaving the East.

From there it would be a few hours till Reverse Mountain. That being said, Lucy flopped back down on Merry's head. The slightly cloudy sky hung above and birds flew overhead. But nothing really struck out as all important. With that thought, she sunk into a deep meditative state. Felt the ebb of her magic pull farther into her body, away from the surface. Towards a deep and cosmic place, one that was entirely hers.

-

The bounty that sat on his table bubbled forth an amusement he only felt when in the presence of idiots, or Shanks. Though the latter was also an idiot, so really just the former. But this proved something new, something enticing and flattering. And just plain perfect to work with. Lucy's bounty, a high price on her head and a complementing picture of her. If it wasn't so amusing, Mihawk's hands would have twitched with killing intent.

But instead he laughed, because Lucy made it into the World's view. People would notice, and men would notice. The thought of Shanks, all red like his hair with anger, amused him to no end. After all, by the time Lucy and Shanks met again, and it would be a while, the girl would meet many people. And maybe find someone along the way, which meant Shanks's confrontation with a fully grown Lucy, a woman, would spark a whole new panic.

And while Mihawk wondered what type of man Lucy would take, more than anything Mihawk intended to be there when they met again. Pulling the red chalice of wine towards him, Mihawk smirked into the red liquid. If anything, this made the world much more interesting. Out of his coat, Mihawk pulled a vivre card. Shanks's. He would need to make sure that he paid attention to both sides' movements.

Sipping the liquid, it fell to the back of his throat. A warm spirit that sank into his throat and burned down a course. "I look forward to your reaction, Shanks. Make sure it's a good one." Only his own voice answered back in the large and gothic castle. Echoed the same words back, though it made them no less true.

-

On the deck of the Moby Dick, Marco walked over to the News Coo, the damn bird called out to everyone. Announced its own importance to everyone, and finally stopped when Marco's hands clapped the beak close. Effectively snapped it closed. Placed a coin within its payment collector, and then snatched the paper away. Immediately, obviously threatened and scared. The others on deck all groaned with relief after it left. And silence, caused by the unanimous hangover on deck, resumed.

Flipping open the paper, Marco strolled through the numerous articles. Pinpointed a number of fire incidents in the Grand Line, Ace obviously, and then skipped over the marine propaganda. Besides what happened on their ship, nothing seemed odd with the world. Just the normal wacky world. At least of the Grand Line, a number of headlines in the surrounding seas spoke of the newbies. The rookie pirates that already made it big. Mainly from the South and North Blue.

Flipping through them, but not seeing much reason to worry about some kids, Marco reached the last section of the newspaper. Dedicated to the East Blue, the weak sea where his two strong brothers came from. A number of headlines emerged, all in the name of the same woman. A 'Heartfilia Lucy' that took the sea by storm. Between the first and second page the bounty sat. And the morning brightened, hangover forgotten for the moment, and also got exceptionally hotter.