twenty three. | sorrow

I got ready for school, the bitter thought of ignoring Rantaro came back. I kept thinking why I even agreed, but I shrug that thought away, unlocking the door and stepping outside, locking the door and walking to school.

It was the 2nd day I had to ignore Rantaro, it felt so weird not getting any hugs from behind anymore, or the scent of his cologne. It smelled more gloomy. Breathing in this plain oxygen, no smells, no nothing.

I sigh, watching the rain slowly dripping down, cursing under my breath for not bringing an umbrella. The light turned green, I quickly ran under the rain until I reached a small shop, panting a bit, I continued to school, stopping at the entrance, somewhat wet, but not soaking wet.

I walk inside, going to my locker and unlocking it, putting my things inside then closing it, locking it. I held my novel and notebook, noticing two people talking to each other.

"Aww, I'm sure you didn't do anything wrong, Rantaro! Hey! We could go to this shop my friend owns to maybe cheer you up?" A voice said, sounding very much like Kokichi. The other sighed, pushing the shorter one away, "I appreciate you trying to cheer me up, but I don't think that will work," They said, walking down the hallway. The shorter one furrowed his brows, following the taller one.

I frown a bit, is that why Kokichi asked me to stay away from him? I thought, feeling a little jealous while walking to my class which was the opposite direction of where they were going. I kept thinking, then something clicked.

What if Rantaro is his soulmate, then?

But..

I thought Rantaro was my soulmate?

I groan, slamming my book on my face, walking into my class since the door was open.

"Good morning, Saihara," the teacher said, organizing her papers.

"G-Good morning," I said, sitting at my desk, putting my notebooks down. I watch the rain drops hit the window, then slowly sliding down. It felt satisfying and calm, like I was the only person in this room. But, of course not.

The bell rang, half of the class was absent, mostly the popular kids. They probably skipped class, honestly. I paid attention to class, lightly tapping my pencil on my desk to distract me a bit.

———

Class ended, I get up, grabbing my things and headed off to my next class. I catch a glimpse of Kokichi and Rantaro again, but quickly avoided them after Kokichi stared at me, menacingly, then smiling afterwards when he was talking to him.

It's scary how he can change his emotions so fast and no one will ever notice. I walk up the stairs to the 3rd floor, going to my class and sitting down at my desk, messing with my pencils and pens while waiting for class to start.

After 5 minutes, the bell rang. Class started a few minutes after, but we managed to finish the topic for today.

Class was short, so the rest of the time we had some free time. Working on missing assignments, reading, or going on your phone. I finish my notes, flipping to the front page of my notebook and doodling random things on there. Today, I thought of drawing a stick figure holding a heart. I don't know why, I just thought of it.