Chapter 22.2: Little Youngster X Flirtatious Girl (7)

After a pause, it appeared as if An Zeru wanted to explode. Cen Simiao pursed her lips and restrained her expression, putting on an indistinct smile instead. She leaned back on the chair, appearing indolent and willful, and lifted her chin, “You don’t agree?”

An Zeru had wanted to get angry at her, but once he saw her posture, his words became firmly stuck in his throat.

Yet Cen Simiao simply had to continue, “Once you’re here, it’s fully up to me how I plan to teach you. If you want to quickly get through this, so you can go back with good news, I can tell you a way. Meet me at the hotel tonight.”

An Zeru stared at her with widened eyes and couldn’t calm back down, “You’re f*ck*ng dreaming! I just won’t work anymore, isn’t that enough!?”

Cen Simiao nodded, “Of course, that is, as long as you are fine with saying goodbye to your face. The matter that Young Master An isn’t able to suffer any hardships at all… What would others think if they knew?”

[T/N: for those unfamiliar, ‘face’ is an encompassing term that meshes reputation and credibility.]

“Also, as long as you can explain to Uncle An, then that’s fine as well.”

An Zeru’s two legs which were about to walk out the door suddenly froze. He tightly pursed his lips as the anger between his brows became deeper, then he turned back to glare at Cen Simiao.

Cen Simiao held up her coffee and allowed him to stare. Taking another sip and she was left was a cloying sweetness on the tip of her tongue, it had completely lost all the flavors a cup of coffee should have. As she looked back up, she saw that he was still wearing the same facial expression as before, “Why are you still just standing there? Hurry up and move.”

An Zeru went to get the broom with his face still livid and stiffly swept the ground. He even had to try three times before he managed to get the paper ball that was next to the wastebin into the dustpan.

This scene appeared in front of Cen Simiao’s eyes, and she couldn’t help but shake her head. Even the system could bear to continue watching on the side and asked while feeling unconvinced, “What do you have to shake your head about? If you were to sweep, you would be about the same and who knows if your skill would be as good as his.”

Cen Simiao: “I’ve yet to try it before, so how would you know that I would be inferior to him?”

The system choked and couldn’t say anything more. It opened the world selection screen and pondered for a long while.

As Cen Simiao had said, An Zeru busied himself cleaning the table, sweeping the floor, and pouring coffee – these kinds of work that he typically never had to do. When necessary, he even had to water the potted plants.

And so he worked like this for a consecutive five days.

Disregarding the obvious discontent between An Zeru’s brows, he no longer bothered to argue about the other things and seemed to have adapted to the rhythm of these days. For example, when he went to get coffee for Cen Simiao, to save some legwork, he would also pour himself a cup.

This was something Cen Simiao also never expected.

So she pondered new ideas as she continued to drink this cloyingly sweet coffee.

As soon as An Zeru stepped into the office, he automatically went to get the broom. He was also a lot better at it now and was no longer just going through the motions. He unbuttoned the cuffs of his shirt, rolled them up, and bent over to sweep.

Seeing a few strands of long hair that were slightly curled, he frowned and asked, “Could you not shed your hair? How troublesome it is when I sweep.”

Cen Simiao casually responded, got up, and went out. Along the way, she ran into Lu MI. This time, he was no longer so lackadaisical but was much more serious and proper.

Nowadays, there wasn’t anyone in the company who didn’t know who she was, but Cen Simiao still openly greeted him just like before. When the two were in the elevator together, Cen Simiao spoke first, “For the company’s performance to be so good, we will have to express our thanks to Manager Lu.”

The corners of Lu Mi’s lips curled up, “If you’re just going to praise me, then there’s no need to say more. It would be best if there was a raise. “

The elevator never opened and it had just been the two of them inside the entire trip. Cen Simiao lowered her eyes, her tone was flighty: “No matter how much money you make working for others, it still won’t end up in your own pocket.”

Lu Mi’s smile froze after he heard this, but then he immediately laughed, “If anyone else had said this to me, I would have thought they were urging me on…”

Before he even finished his words, he already closed his mouth as Cen Simiao was staring at him with a rather vague implication in her eyes. The two people didn’t continue to speak, but before leaving the elevator, Cen Simiao, as if nonchalantly, said, “I’m also tired of staying in this company…”

She really was tired, but fortunately, she still had An Zeru in front of her. At the moment, he was pursing his lips with the expression as if he felt unconvinced on his face, and he continued his sarcastic remarks, “Do you not have hands or do your feet not work? Even if that was the case, couldn’t you eat at home before coming to the company? But you just had to have me buy it for you.”

Cen Simiao rubbed her neck. She was a little tired and lowered the pen in her hand, “Because I don’t get along with you.”

An Zeru appeared as if he was angry but had nowhere to vent, acutely uneasy.