Chapter 2

I finished the sandwich as the sun was setting. I climbed back in the window and locked it behind me.

I checked the clock on the floor, 5:35pm. It’s Friday, so he won’t be back for a long time yet. I dug under my bed for the laptop.

I grabbed it and powered it back up. I got it the day before dad went crazy. I stopped at the local k mart and someone outside left it on a bench.

I signed in and got on some Wi-Fi I borrow from this guy down the road. He lives five miles away, but his Wi-Fi signal reaches all the way to our house.

I got onto Wattpad and read more Jack x readers. I feel weird reading these, they’re all so fake. I mean, Jack would never fall in love with any girl he tried to kill. If he did, he wouldn’t be a killer. Honestly, I don’t even know what would happen if he actually did get a girl. I mean, it’s so unrealistic it’s funny.

Listen to me. Geez, I’m acting like he’s real. If I keep thinking like this I’ll go off the deep end.

I closed the laptop and slid it under the bed. The alarm clock read 7:00pm. Wow, I read a while.

I lay on my bed, staring at the ceiling. I slowly drifted off, but not totally asleep. It’s like when your half asleep, so you are aware of where you are but you can’t move or speak. I woke up to the sound of the front door slamming open and closed again.

“(Y/N)! Get me my booz kid! Now!” Yep, he’s drunk again. Surprise.

“Sure thing dad!” I yelled, running down the stairs. After a few times of this happening, you know what to do and what not to do. It’s easier to just go with it.

I hit the end of the steps and found him sprawled out on the couch.

“BOOZ KID BOOZ!” he shouted at me.

I ran to the fridge and pulled out two cold Millers. I ran it to him. He snatched it out of my hand, “Not fast enough!” He yelled and threw one at me; it hit my already bruised wrist. I flinched, but didn’t show pain. I wouldn’t give him the satisfaction.

“Get out of here, worthless piece of shit.” He said.

I ran up the steps and into my room, closing the door quietly. It was 12:26pm.

I flopped onto my bed; beat from the day’s events.

I looked out the window and almost fell off the bed. There, in the darkness of the roof, was a figure in all black. I couldn’t make out much in the dark, but I could tell one thing.

They had a blue mask on and black holes where their eyes should have been. The holes were dripping black stuff.

I jumped off the bed and hid behind it on the floor.

I waited for a minute or two, then peeked over the edge of the bed.

It was gone. Whatever had been there had left. But it looked familiar in some way; it almost looked like…….No. That’s not possible. He’s not real…..not real……..