Prologue

My name is Theo Pang, born on the 2nd of May 2002. I am anything but normal; at least normal is what I try to be but I failed miserably countless times. Why do you ask? I'll explain in a while because after all, this is a story.

This is a story about how I tried to change my fate, the life that I'm living in, my destiny. It is not that I don't like my life but I have aspects of it that I wish to change.

I have always questioned if fate; destiny is something we can change. Is life really already determined from the very beginning to its end? My favorite quote or catchphrase back when I was a kid is "Destiny is yours to decide" It was a phrase from a game I used to play as a child and up until today, the whole "Destiny" theme still goes on; books, games, but never really a question I hear actual people asking.

I really wanted to see if it was possible. I wanted to change lives, pick a different path; not the one that was set down for us but the one that we truly wanted. I know it all seemed a bit far-fetched but I was that type of kid. The kid whose imagination ran further than what others could comprehend.

I was born completely normal but halfway through my life in kindergarten, I developed Eczema. My skin became very itchy and dry and I would scratch it so often that it usually ends up in an open wound and cause literally stress to my family and me. This always struck me like the world is against me or this is my fate and I can't change anything about it.

Writing this right here wasn't slightly easy at all. I had to relive a lot of memories in the past but I also realize that none of it bothered me anymore. I saw those memories as lessons in my life that I had to learn. There was a lot of heartbreak and self-depressing thoughts but then again, in our world; who hasn't had self-depressing thoughts. Am I right?

I always loved writing from the primary school itself. It gave me such joy to write because I can just write whatever I wanted with no rules holding me down. At a younger age, writing was more of a hobby than anything. As I grew older, writing became something I want to devote my life to, I want to be recognized with it.

Allow me to speak in a fantasy perspective for a moment;

"Fate and destiny are strong. Our life has been predestined but if one refuses to believe it, then go ahead and challenge it. Challenge fate and change destiny if you have the will to do it "

I wonder a lot even at this point; am I changing my fate or am I following the path that has been laid down for me.