•The Awakening•

Dedicated to books_and_bands for letting me call you Blakey-Chan even though it annoys you and you actually don't let me call you Blakey-Chan... :)

Here's my Valentine's Day present to you... :D

Song: Haunted by Evanescence
Wow I add a lot of Evanescence songs
------------------------------------------
Blake tends to bring out my human side. The side that allows my cold heart to sometimes feel as if it works (even if it won't ever actually work) and my pale skin to feel temperatures. She helps me feel emotions that demons don't feel- feelings demons shouldn't feel. She makes me feel alive, and not just some hollow corpse destined to kill everything I touch. She reassures me without meaning to and keeps me company without saying a word.

Except right now as we sit at the dining table. I couldn't help but feel as of there was a mile long void in between us with an old and creaking bridge in the middle. It made both of us cautious to approach it, and I'm not sure either of us were brave enough to cross it.

How could I tell her about the man in my dreams? Would she think I was crazy? After all it could just be a coincidence. But how do you explain the rose sitting in front of me at that moment. Or the crows....

My mind momentarily switched to that topic. There was no way he could possibly be back here. Not after I embaressed almost a hundred years ago. But the court did tell me that they would "touch base" with me soon, and as much as I dread the truth, he could be here.

I venture away from that topic, not wanting to worry myself anymore. I could feel the horrible feeling in my chest, as if someone laid a boulder on it. That feeling was panic. I hate panicing, just as I hate the feeling that goes along with it. Much like fear, it tricks your brain and leaves it hard to respond to anything in a rational way. Let's face it, people who can think properly under stress are rare, and I'm not one of them.

I look up to see Blake looking at me. She quickly adverts her eyes and starts unconsiously tapping her finger on the wooden table.

I know Blake was also hiding something from me. Besides her nervous habit, I could hear her heart pounding and smell the sweat forming on her palms. I've known her long enough to pick up these habits whenever she's nervous or lying. She taps her left pointer finger on the wood as she absentmindedly stirs the spoon in her hot chocolate. I made her a cup awhile ago, and by now the cup wasn't steaming anymore.

I shift my eyes over to the rose. It was strange to see an actual plant there, a living thing, but it fit. The black rose looked perfect, shining in the light of the setting sun. Its petals held a captivating glow. Could I touch the rose like I did in my dream?

I reach my hand out to touch the single rose in front of me. I trace my fingers on the soft petals and look at Blake through the corner of my eye. She finally snaps out of her trance and watches my movements.

"It's not dying..." she murmurs as her eyes follow my fingers.

"No..." I agree and tilt my head to the side. Why could I touch this one rose? What made it so special compared to the other billions of roses I've touched?

A silence stretches between us once again. I could tell Blake wants to say something based the way she would part her lips a little, and then quickly shut them.

I sigh and finally ask, "What is it Blake? I think we both know you and I are both hiding something, and you seem anxious to tell me."

"Well it's just... the girl. The girl was surrounded by black feathers, correct? Just as the feather we saw today. What if they're both connected?"