•The Tenebrosi Magia•

Yayayay updateeeee!

Song: Build God, Then We'll Talk by Panic! At the Disco

Can you find the song reference?

-------------

The night seems to have faded into dusk when I finally look back out the window. Long gone are my horrible black tears, disheveled hair, and pitiful emotions. Instead, I replace them with wise eyes, a ponytail, and a blank face. The dress I wear today is what Blake kept pestering me fit into the "21st century" era; a black dress with tight sleeves, bodice, and skirt that goes to my knees. Anything less would make me feel as if I'm wearing a night gown.

"You look pretty, Lilith! Why are you so dressed up?" Raven asks, appearing out of no where. She once again wears an old dress of Blake's, this time it being a coral color that makes her skin look tan.

"Are you saying I don't normally look pretty, Raven?" I counter while moving around to make breakfast.

Raven pales. "No! You always look pretty, Lilith! But it's just, it's just you're dressed a lot more... normal today!"

I decide not to comment on her choice of words and continue with breakfast, keeping up a quiet chatter with Raven while she sits at the dining table.

"Do I smell pancakes?" I hear a voice chirp as Blake appears, skipping into the kitchen as I place the last pancake on the plate. Blake bounds over to me like a puppy and squeals. "I swear I love you, Lilith!"

"Did someone say pancakes?" A sleepy voice inquires. I turn to see Nathaniel enter the kitchen, his mop of blonde and black hair looking like a bird's nest on his head. He wears the black shirt and matching trousers he wore here yesterday.

"They just got off the stove, help yourself." I gesture to the stack on the counter and the trio immediately hop up to get there share.

"So what are we doing today?" Blake asks, waving a hand at my attire. I mentally shake my head, was there something so surprising about clothes?

"To town. I need to pick up some supplies and groceries, and it's much too dangerous for you to go out alone. Besides, I haven't been there in years. What is the harm of checking out the new shops?"

After breakfast Blake runs off to get dress and comes back in a pair of ripped denim shorts and an oversized black t-shirt that shows her pale shoulders. I decide not to comment on how she might be cold and instead usher everyone outside, double checking to make sure I didn't forget anything.

The walk through the forest to town was agony. Blake and Nathaniel bickered at each other nonstop, giving me a wake up call that the sensitive Nathaniel I met last night was probably never going to last. I don't comment on any of their insults they throw at each other and instead look ahead with my usual blank expression. Raven skips along ahead of us, occasionally barging into Blake and Nathaniel's conversation. Those times end up making her pout when Blake quickly says something rude to her, causing Nathaniel to growl at her to 'shut up' which ends up firing up more arguments. Long story short, by the time we reach town I'm throwing twenty dollars at Blake and Nathaniel that I managed to earn by selling some of the clothes I made to shops and produce to the farmer's market (all in which I gave to Blake to bring to town instead of myself). I grab Raven's hand and storm off to the first store- a craft store located on the corner of Fourth and Fremont Street.

A bell at the front door rings as I push open the old door. My boots sink into the old carpet and I inhale the musty smell of mold in order to appear human. A cash register on top of a counter is pushed off to the side of the room, allowing the elder behind the counter to see most of the small shop. The white curls sitting on her head and wrinkled skin indicate her old age. She turns her head at the sound of the chime that rings throughout the store and squints through the glasses perched on her nose to see me. When she recognizes me she gasps and waves me over with a frail hand.