•The Owl•

Dedicated to 10474harmony for PRAYDATORZ, I dunno XD

On the side is a barn owl, don't
know if you can see it or whatever...

Song: Fake Your Death by My Chemical Romance

The song honestly doesn't relate at all to the chapter but whatever, I was listening to it :|
***

"Does this mean that I have to share my food?"

I look up to see Blake leaning on the kitchen counter, her arms crossed. I turn my head back to the cabinets in front of me and continue rummaging through the food. After showing Raven where she would sleep, I decided to look in the kitchen for something to make for dinner, hence the reason why I was currently searching through the cabinets.

"No, Blake. But it does mean that you will have to buy more food."

Blake groans and sighs. "But I already steal a lot of cash. How am I supposed to afford anymore food?"

I close the cabinit doors and turn to her. "I don't know. I suppose you could get a job or harvest the crops in the garden. You could sell them in town. Isn't there always an advertisement in one of the newspapers you bring home, asking people to sell them their fruits and vegtables?"

Blake grabs an apple from the bowl on the kitchen island and points a finger at me. "Don't forget the herbs. They even bolded that category." Blake pauses before announcing in a deep voice, "Sell your fruits, veggies, and herbs to Nelly's Goods! For every pound of goods sold, that's a dollar off your next purchase! We'll take any local goods you grew!"

"Thank you, Blake, for reciting the whole advertisement for me. I think I forgot. Anyways, what do you want to eat?"

All of a sudden a head pops around the kitchen counter behind Blake and screams, "SPAGEHETTI! Please make spagehetti!"

Blake jumps a foot off the ground and scowls, muttering curse words under her breath. I give her a pointed look before nodding at Raven and turning around to open the cellar door. I grab a flashlight off the shelf near the door and descend the stairs. The flashlight's beam is dim and narrow, catching millions of dust particles floating in the air. The bottom of the stairs open up to a room covered with shelves lining each wall. I cross the room looking for tomatos. As I rummage through the shelves, I stop and drop the flashlight. It doesn't take long for my keen eyesight to adjust to my surroundings, and I nearly jump back.

On the shelf, behind the tomatos, lies a bird.

And owl, to be specific.

A torn up and bloody owl. Its own bloody feathers surrounding it. I could barely tell it was a barn owl, which were very common around the area. Its beady black eyes stared into nothing and its wings were hardly attatched to the body. It's brown feathers were painted in blood, much like the one I saw this morning. A stangled gasp leaves my body as I stare at the bird, horrified. How did it even get down in the cellar? I looked up at the one lone window in the corner of the room. It was covered with cobwebs and when I reached over to try and open it, it was stuck. But still, I couldn't get the horrible feeling out of my gut. I felt vulnerable, like someone was pointing a gun at my head and I couldn't do anything about it.

I turn my attention back to the owl. I knew I couldn't leave it down here. It would stink up the basement, attract bugs, and... and I couldn't just leave the poor thing down here. With a sigh I walked over to the pile of plastic bags in the corner of the room and grabbed one. I walked back over to the owl, pushed over the tomatos, and grabbed the owl through the plastic bagged. I then flipped the bag inside out so the owl was now inside the bag, and debated how to clean up the blood. My eyes wander around the room until finding the cleaning supplies.