chapter 5: Friends

"Training day one,"  Classified stated, "The mission is to keep the ambassador safe no matter what the cost. We will work on protection today. These training sessions will work you harder than normal since we only have three days to train."

I looked around and saw that the only ones here were Classified, and the shape-shifter people, Zola and Ray. There is no way I will not make us fail.

After six hours of extensive training we finally got a break. I was about to accept my death from tiredness when Classified came and sat next to me.

"You're not half bad."

"Thanks! I'm nothing compared to you though, you're amazing," I stammered.

"Thanks, you're lucky you actually have powers, me I just have luck to keep me alive and I haven't been very lucky lately," She said, taking a sip of her water.

"You don't have a power?"

"Nope. I do want to help you work with yours, meet me here tonight 0300 hours. I have a few ideas."

Since I was on a mission I was issued a room. I anxiously waited for 3 am. Finally, I looked at the clock and saw that it was 2:50 and headed out for the training room. I arrived in two minutes and headed in. Right before I passed through the viewer booth I saw Classified practicing. She took down Virtual people one after another with her bow staff. She also likes knives but the bow staff is her weapon of choice. Her training session ended and she saw me standing in the doorway.

"You couldn't sleep either?"

"You're amazing!"

"Thanks but right now we have to focus on you."

"Ok," I said moving towards her.

"I know you worked on moving objects a little but now we will work on stopping people."

She started running at me and I tried my hardest to stop her but I didn't want to hurt her so I only delayed her attack.

"You have to actually try."

"I don't want to hurt you."

"You won't."

I tried again with my full force I closed my eyes and imagined an assassian running towards me. After a few seconds I opened my eyes and saw her frozen in mid air, smiling.

After a few more successful tries we took a break.

"We make a good team," I said.

"Yeah, we do."

"Friends?"

"Friends," she replied.

"Does that mean I get to know your name?"

"No!" she laughed.

That night I knew I had to make it back alive.

 yes, I know its still short but the chapters will get longer!