Chapter 32.

Chapter 32.

~Maya~

I doctor long left the room but the silence still remained. It was as I neither of us could believe the news that was just given to us.

I was pregnant. Six weeks. The first night Elijah and I met was when I conceived this baby.

My hand instantly went to my flat stomach and a flare of hope bloomed within me.

I just went through hell and I knew getting past this would be nothing but hard but I had to try. For my baby.

I was bought back from my thoughts when a hand cover mine over my stomach. I lifted my eyes to Elijah and saw his eyes welled up in tears. It was then I realized I myself was crying. I moved to the side to make space for Elijah and he immediately took it and wrapped me in his arms.

“Elijah. We’re going to have a baby.” My voice not above a whisper but he heard me held me tighter.

“God yes we are.” His voice was hoarse. He cleared his throat before continuing. “I can’t believe this.”

I tense at that. I didn’t even think of the possibility that he might not be ready. What if here I thought my baby was a blessed he thought of it as a burden.

“What’s wrong angel?”

“Are you angry?” I asked, immediately afraid of his answer.

He leaned back and a confusion masked his face. I softened a bit, hoping my mind was probably messed up because of what had happened. “Angry about what?”

“I just thought it might be too soon for you. Maybe you aren’t ready?”

“Are you crazy?” He leaned further back and held my face in his hands. “I’m madly in love with you and now with this baby. Nothing and no one will hurt either of you ever again. Just the thought of the both of you bound in the horrific place is making me boil with anger.”

I signed in relief and held my arms open, hoping he wold take the hint. He immediately rested his head in my neck and nuzzled in it. Placing his hand on my belly as if in protection.

In that very moment contentment filled me and it was then something came in my mind and I just had to ask him.

“So Elijah?” I started as I ran my fingers through his hair.

“Hmm?” he groaned as my fingers travelled through his back, pushing them in where I felt some knots.

“Mrs Frost?” I tried hard to contain my smile but it was hard when nothing but happiness bloomed within every inch of my body.

“What about it?” He said with his serious voice but I could hear a smile when he said it.

“You tell me. You went all about “I’m her husband.” What was that about?”

His body shook as he laughed silently and I pinched his side to knock him out of it. He lifted his head and rested his chin on my chest. “What’s there to talk about? I’m going to marry you as soon as we leave this place. Might as well start calling you by your future name Mrs Frost.”

“Wow.” I scoffed in amazement for this man. “What if I don’t want to get marred yet?” I asked with my poker face on but I knew I was failing miserably when he laughed out loud.

“Angel, you love me way too much to say no. And I bet your sweet ass you can’t wait to marry me either. So rest your eyes because you have hell lot to do as soon as we leave this place.” He kissed me and took his place again in my neck and placed another kiss there.

Although I was a bit uncomfortable because of the pain in my ribs, I held him tight and closed my eyes. A smile didn’t leave my face even when sleep consumed me.

*****

~Elijah~

My phone rang as I was getting back to Maya’s room with a cup of coffee and sandwich in my hand. I tensed as I read the caller ID. “Now is not the right time.”

“We need to get rid of him as soon as possible. I can’t have him in my space knowing he’s the reason one of my men is dead. So you better get here and fix this, or else I most definitely will.”

I closed my eyes and frustration filling me second by second. “I can’t leave Maya here. Things have changed.”

“How? You won’t kill him?” Confusion and doubt filled his voice.

“No. I will be the one killing him. I just need to make sure both of them are safe before I can leave them.”

“Both? Who are you talking about?”

I sighed again. Anger gripping my bones as the thought of how close I was too loose everything. “Maya’s pregnant.” I said and I was met with silence.

I leaned against the wall. Fatigue taking over me. The past few days were hard. But I knew the days coming ahead would be harder. Maya went through a hell lot and though it didn’t escape m notice how she didn’t mention the incident of Jackson once. I knew it would take a toll on her.

“Fuck.” I heard him release the word

“Just give me a few days to get them settled. I will be the one finishing this job. Don’t you worry. Just make sure he is alive after making him go through far worst than what he made my woman suffer.”

“Got it.” With that he hung up the phone. I closed my eyes, just wanted to be with my people who were in the room opposite to where I was standing.

Opening the door, I was greeted with Mayas laugh as Maria and Jayden stood on either side of her bed. Her eyes swinging to both of them with an amused smile on her face as they fought over something stupid. I rolled my eyes and went straight to her. Her smile widened when her gaze settled on me and my heart swelled with so much love for this woman.

I loved how her face lighted up whenever she saw me. I never want that to change.

Bending over I kissed her softly. “How are you doing?”

“Fine.” She nodded towards the two children who were still on with their dumb argument. “These two made sure I was entertained well in your absence.”

I smiled when she laughed at some Maria said but worry gripped me. Worry over how we still hadn’t talked about the incident. About anything remotely close to what happened to her in that hideous place.

“Hey. Back off, its my turn with her.”

“I need everyone to back the fuck off so I can have a one on one with my babygirl.”

“I turned around and Kyle stood there, looking worst then he did yesterday when we left him in his apartment. I backed away when he came rushing over and crushed Maya in his embrace.  They mumbled to each other when Dave came and stood by me.

“How are you doing man?” He asked but both ours eyes stayed on our people as they still embraced each other as if no one else was there.

“I’m fine. Just need to get the hell out of this place so I can have Maya for myself. I need that.”

“I get it.” I turned towards him and nodded. He was a great guy. And I was glad he was with Kyle. They both deserved to be happy as much as I planned to make my angel in the future.

“Elijah?” I turned towards the sweet voice and went towards it.

“Yes angel?”

Kyle went to Maria and greeted her. “I was wondering if we should tell them now.”

“Are you sure?”

She nodded “The most important people in my world are right here in this room.”

I nodded and straightened, taking a hold of Mayas hand. “Can I have everyone’s attention?” Everyone immediately turned towards me and I looked towards Maya. “You want to tell them?” I asked and she immediately nodded.

“I wanted you all to be the first ones to know because you all mean the world to me and Elijah.” She tightened her hold on my hand and I felt it tremble a bit, showing her nervousness.

“What’s wrong? Is everything okay?” Kyle asked as he stepped towards Maya and held her other hand.

Maya nodded and said. “Yeah everything is fine. Its good news. In fact it’s the best news ever.”

She smiled up to me and I returned it with as much love as I saw her in her eyes.

“We’re pregnant.” She finally announced and I turned around to see all or friends jaws on the floor.

“Wha…What?” Maria was the first one to break it but even then no one followed.

“How long?” This was from Kyle. He had a look on his face that I had never seen before.

“Six weeks.” I replied. I was kind of proud of myself when the doctor first told us when our baby was conceived. It was as if fate knew from day one that we would end up together.

“Oh my God.” Maria screeched and came towards Maya to hug her. “I’m so happy for you guys.”

I was next and she whispered in my ear. “You guys deserve the best.”

I turned towards Maya who was being congratulated by Jayden and Dave. “She does. And I’ll make sure she gets everything she deserve.”

I stood back as everyone hounded Maya with jokes ad questions but her eyes went towards the one person who didn’t move from his place. I turned towards him and took his arm, leading him outside the room.

“What the fuck is the matter with you?” I asked, suddenly angry with his lack of reaction towards something that was so important to both Maya and me.

“I can’t….” He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair in frustration.

“You can’t what Kyle? You can’t be happy about something that makes your best friend so ecstatic? Don’t you think she deserves your love and attention the most after what happened to her?”

“She has you for that now.” He replied pitifully and I couldn’t help but get pissed at that.

“Are you for real? She might have me now but that doesn’t mean that what Maya and you had means any less to her. Every time we have an argument all she wanted was you. Every time we talked about her past all she wanted to do was run to you.” I jabbed a finger hard in his chest causing him to take a step back. “Don’t tell me you mean any less to her just because now you both have someone in your life and have to give attention to them.”

He turned his face away and that’s when I saw something break in him.

I took a calming breathe and placed a hand on his shoulder. “Tell me what’s really going on.”

“I can’t get the thought out of my head that she was pregnant when she was taken.” He said and I took a step back from him. I tried so hard not to let this thought overcome me because I knew if I let it, I would kill the bastard without giving him the fate he deserves.

“He made her go through….”

“Stop.” I said, because another word regarding this would make it so hard to control my will to kill. “Just know something Kyle. That man is going to get way way worse than what he made Maya go through. I promise you that.”

“What do you mean? He’s still alive?”

“Not for long. I have him captive someplace where he’s getting what he deserves. The rest I’ll take care of.”

“Elijah. I need to be there.”

That was when I really saw him. Saw how dangerous his eyes got just thinking about getting an in for hurting the man who was responsible for giving pain to the woman we both love.

“Now get back in there and congratulate Maya.” I patted him on his back, shoving him towards the door. “She needs you.”

A small smile graced his face and he turned around disappearing in Mayas room.

I need to get this mess out of our lives before I can finally give Maya the life she will live most happy in.