Chapter 14.

Chapter 14.

Only when I entered my apartment I allowed myself to show any emotion that has been burning inside of me. Slamming the front door so hard I tried to get a hold of myself but it was impossible. Tears of anger and embarrassment that stung my eyes during the entire ride back home, had been finally been given the permission to fall. And boy did they fall. Years of heartbreak, humiliation came rushing back.

Why would he do this? Am I only a mean to amuse guys? Is that it?

That's what Tom did to me. Only cared what he wanted and took. Never asked. And the same with Elijah. But with him I was willing to give myself completely. I gave into my feelings. Only to have the shattered with one phone call. If he already had someone to go to. Why chase me? Why come to me and demand a date? Why fuck me?

I had taken a few steps towards my room when a loud bang came through the front door. 

Startled I turned around wondering who it was.

When it banged again I rushed towards it taking a look from the peephole. I was completely stunned. How the hell did he get here?

"Open the door right now" His voice gruff.

Taking a deep breath I straightened my shoulders. I'm done being their on-call bitch.

My hands still shaking even with my pretend bravado. I pull the door hard coming face to face with the man who humiliated me to my core but that didn't stop my heart from stilling from a second. How can he still have this effect on me after today.

"What are you doing here?" I was glad my voice held that hardness I wanted, ready to put him in his place.

"You need to stop running the fuck away from me Maya" His voice full of anger and hard as steel. 

Taking a step towards me, he took a hold of my shoulders, lightly shaking me. "What would it take for you to listen to me before you run away"

How dare he? Shrugging off his hands, I was more furious than ever. The nerve of him. "I did not run. You had to leave remember to your so called client" Turning around I went further inside the apartment. Further away from him, where we couldn't consume my thought. If I wanted to win this. I had to have a clear mind.

But Elijah wasn't the one to care about space. He was right behind me taking a hold of my arm and spinning me to face him "Yes you did." He panted. Our chests heaving. His eyes so dark filled with anger. "You always run, you ran the first night, then you ran this morning and now from the restaurant. You never want to listen to what I have to say"

Tugging my arm from his grasp I shouted "What do you expect? You lied to me!"

Anger morphed into confusion but still his voice didn't waver from its hardness "What did I lie about?"

I couldn't help but scoff. He was good "Why aren't you with your client?"

He tensed, whether not knowing how to reply or to he realized he was caught "I cancelled"

"Oh did you?" Crossing my arms, I took a step closer to him "From what I heard, Jennifer was quite persistent to have you with her." My voice steel. I was not going to play his game anymore.

It was like the air was snatched from his lungs and he visibly paled. I smiled bitterly "And here you are accusing me of running. I suggest you leave Mr. Frost." My chin up high. So done with his bullshit.

"Listen to me, please" his voice softer the before. Maybe because of the guilt of getting caught.