Chapter 19.

Chapter 19

~Maya~

My blissful life took a turn towards hell so fast, I couldn't keep up with it. Although Elijah was still on his knees in front of me, looking at me with worried eyes, my mind wandered to the days where I had no control on so much as the air I breathed in.

*****

"You like when daddy does that, sweetness?" his hands were on my chest, playing with them and breaking me at the same time.

I laid idle on the bed as I was instructed to do. So much as a twitch of my finger or a whimper from my lips, I'd be beaten to plump.

"Daddy's going to make you feel so good, baby." He whispered as he sucked on my neck. My lifeless eyes trained on my ceiling counting down the stars my father helped me put up before he left me. Left me to his monster.

*****

"Maya" With a rough shake of my shoulders, I was brought to the present. Elijah sat on his hunches in front of me look disturbed by my horrid behaviour.

Shaking my head, I tried to stand up from the corner but the firm grip on my shoulders prevented me to make any move. "Let me go." My voice hardly above a whisper but he heard.

"You're not going anywhere." His eyes taking a hint of determination. "We are going to sit down and talk." I was shaking my head by the time he finished. I wouldn't talk about this. Never.

"I need Kyle." I pleaded. Trying hard to shake myself away from him. I needed my sanctuary right now. To go to someone who would save me from this once again.

"YOU NEED ME." He suddenly shouted. I cowered back not wanting to be near him right now. "Fuck." Cursing he stood up. His hands shoved to his hair and he started pacing all over the room.

Looking at him, something came to my mind. I totally forgot to ask the most important question in the chaos of my past. Slowly standing up and wiping my tears from my face. I took a step towards Elijah. He stopped when he saw purpose in my eyes.

"How did you find out?" That question seemed to freeze him completely. His eyes widened with what seemed like a hint of fear and a lot of nervousness.

Stopping a feet from him I shouted "HOW DID YOU FIND OUT?"

He flinched at my tone and anxiously looked around. "Angel." His voice small but heavy with guilt that instantly sent me on alert.

He closed his eyes in defeat and took a step towards me but instantly stopped when I pressed a hand to his chest. "Why?" my voice must have sounded as defeated to him as it did to me.

"You mean the world to me, Maya. And I couldn't just stand there and let anything or anyone hurt you."

"How do you know about what happened to me Elijah?" I had to know.

His eyes widened with what seemed like fear and worry. "I hired an investigator" As soon as those words left his mouth I felt something break inside of me.

"What?" My voice barely a whisper. My legs giving out and I my ass hit the bed I didn't realize was behind me.

He was with me in a second, kneeling in front of me. "I know that was wrong..."

I cut him off "You said you'd wait. Wait for me to tell you"

"Angel, please." His pleading mixed with so much regret in his eyes made me soften. But just a tad bit. "I know I said I'd wait but I couldn't see you like this. Your nightmares, the constant fear in your eyes. I couldn't let you live like this."