Eight || Ink's House

Six skeletons plus one human stand in the Doodlesphere. Red, Classic, Cross, and you share identical expressions of awe at the magnificent universe. The entire place seems to glitter with beautiful magic, it's an endless expanse of floating pieces of paper and shimmering grace.

Dream and Blue seem unfazed, you suppose that they've come here pretty often since they are part of the Star Sanses.

"What're these pieces of paper flying around?" You ask.

"These each represent a universe!" Ink replies proudly, gesturing to a nearby sheet of paper that reads (in sloppy handwriting) 'Fellswap'.

To be completely honest, you could stay here for an eternity just staring at this place's exquisiteness and reading the names of the many universes.

Apparently, Red could care less.

"uh...if i'm gonna be with you idiots in this battle or whatever, i'm gonna need a place to sleep and a roof over my head," He grumbles. You roll your eyes at his remark. He's in the Doodlesphere, the place where all universes are created, and all he can think about is sleep?!

"yep." Classic agrees, "sleep is very important,"

You mentally facepalm.

Ink goes quiet for a moment, then bursts out, "Oh! Oh! I'll make a really big house! We can all stay in it while we're here!"

"THAT SOUNDS LIKE A WONDERFUL IDEA, INK!!" Blue exclaims, his loud voice making Red groan, "IT'LL BE LIKE A GIANT SLUMBER PARTY, MWEH HEH HEH! WE CAN HAVE PILLOW FIGHTS AND WATCH MOVIES AND I SHALL COOK TACOS FOR EVERYONE!"

"no party. only sleep." Red says, yawning audibly.

Mental facepalm number two.

Ink begins to work on his house and the group watches in awe. He paints out every small detail with insane speed and precision. He pauses for a moment, tapping his chin thoughtfully, then decides to give the place white siding. The artistic skeleton then adds towering windows with billowing curtains on the inside, it's like he's making a luxury hotel.

An overhang is constructed at the entrance of the house with two large pillars supporting it. The overhang casts a shadow over the grand front doors, which are made of a gorgeous dark wood. Torches rest on either side of the double doors, casting a warm glow across the walls.

Ink catches your eye and flashes you a grin when he realizes that you're watching him. You just smile awkwardly and feel your cheeks heat up slightly, once again finding it difficult to meet his eyes.

A few hours pass and the house is nearly complete. Classic, Red, and Cross got bored of watching Ink work and at some point started taking naps right on the ground. Blue seems to be pondering a puzzle idea, he's been pacing for about an hour and he keeps muttering something about a "pit of tacos".

Dream stayed with you to keep watching Ink, a sly grin on his face. He notices how much attention you've been paying to Ink and wonders if their plan is actually working.

Finally, Ink finishes up his luxurious house. Everyone gapes at the place, you all seem to be at a loss for words. It looks like a multi-million dollar home that belongs somewhere in the Hollywood Hills.

"It has seven bedrooms, plus a guest bedroom if anyone else decides to join our group!" Ink says proudly, slinging his paintbrush onto his back.

"We've all got our own bathrooms, there's a spacious living room--"

"Heya, Ink!" Dream interrupts, "how about Blue, Cross, and I explain the big plan to Red and Classic while you give (Y/N) an exclusive tour!"

Ink blushes slightly and Dream's smug grin grows.