|59| The Hassake Family

The trio were shocked into a stunned silence, the siblings gazing at one another as Bakugo's red eyes darted back and forth between them, waiting to see who would 'make the first move'. His pupils lingered on the adult male sitting in front of them, his eyebrows creasing in the centre.

"You look... like you've been through hell and back," Rie voiced their thoughts as he chuckled darkly.

"Yeah... guess you could say that," he agreed, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly and straightening up with a slight wince and small hiss of pain; upon seeing his sister's concerned expression, he brushed it off and chose to display more wounds.

"Who..." Bakugo didn't finish his question, the words caught in his throat.

"When?" Rie's voice was hushed.

"Ichiro and Reyna," he jerked his head up towards the ceiling of the cellar where the Villains were situated, "dunno how long I've been here..." his eyes widened, "w-wait, Rie?! Bakugo?! What're you two doing here?! Aren't you two supposed to be on the training camp?"

And he only just let our presence sink in...

"We were attacked by the League, we were their targets, yada yada yada, we're here now," summarised his sister blankly, the girl huffing. Her brother heaved, ignoring the throbbing pain in his ribcage as he repositioned himself into a proper seated position. He inhaled, holding his breath before releasing it, his brows creasing.

"So... he knows about you..." he drew out.

"Oh, yeah," she waved off.

"Speaking of," he spared her a side-glance, "who else knows?"

"About me being an assassin?" she raised a brow, the boy confirming with a nod, "the staff at U.A., Kirishima and Iida."

His jaw went slack.

"Okay, wait... so Icy-Hot doesn't know?"

"Yeah."

"Wh-but you're dating him!"

"That..." she faltered, "that doesn't mean I have to tell him every single thing about me..."

He huffed, the trio perking up once the door slammed open, drawing their attention away from their conversation. In the doorway stood two adults, the female gritting her teeth as a blonde teenager popped out from behind them, a cheery expression on her face.

"Riri!"

"Toga-" she let out a sharp gasp as the female collided into her, grinning with a heavy blush dusted on her cheeks; the force of the sudden collision almost knocked the wind out of the assassin.

"Hey, hey, can I have some of your blood? I wanna see if it's just as nice as last time!" she giggled. The assassin flashed her a hesitant and slightly disgusted stare, though she knew that the childish Villain would still carry it out, despite her disapproval; she reluctantly obliged, watching the blood slowly fill the starry-eyed Villain's syringe.

"Toga, could you please leave the room for a moment?" Ichiro piped up suddenly from within the shadows, "Rey and I would like to discuss some matters with the hostages."

"Aww, 'kay," she pouted, leaving the room with an energetic smile, "hope you two come join the League!"

"Toga."

"Yes, sir!"

When her footsteps were heard thundering up the stairs and animated discussion beginning, the couple nodded and turned to Rie and Bakugo - though they directed their points more to their daughter than her classmate. Her mother made her way towards the girl, Bakugo noticing how her body stiffened. His eyes narrowed as he watched her bend down at eye-level, slowly emitting her bloodlust in small amounts.

"Rie..." her voice was eerily quiet, holding a steady gaze; it took all Rie took to not break eye contact, "you've disappointed your father and I... we really had high hopes for you."

"I'm sorry," her apology was barely audible, her violet bangs covering her face.

"Oi, Sword Bastard, what're you-" Bakugo spoke up for the first time, Ace shooting him a frantic glance and shaking his head. Sensing his panicked state, he turned to the swordsman, raising a brow and mouthing why. He didn't respond, only shaking his head. He reluctantly shut his mouth, watching the interaction with a poker face.

"Hmm, not good enough," she reacted, dismissing her apology and standing upright, "you know that those who misbehave are punished, don't you?"

"Yeah..."

"Yes, mother," she corrected.

"Yes, mother," she echoed monotonously.

Wait a damn minute- the male's eyes widened suddenly, suddenly realising what his mother was trying to do, though the feeling cold metal against his neck caused him to waver, his eyes slowly turning to gaze at his father whose gaze and intentions were clear:

Interfere, and you die.

"Is your brother really that bad of an influence on you?"

The words were stuck in her throat.

"No answer, huh?" she sighed, standing with a small, disapproving glower, "well... it can't be helped..."

Her eyes glowed a golden colour, Rie's eyes widening as her body seemed to release all tension, relaxing; her eye's normally golden hue vanished, replaced by a dull, lifeless hue.

ɴᴀᴍᴇ: ʀᴇʏɴᴀ ʜᴀssᴀᴋᴇ
ᴠɪʟʟᴀɪɴ ɴᴀᴍᴇ: ʀᴇᴅ ɢʟᴏᴠᴇ
ʀᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ʀɪᴇ: ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀ
ǫᴜɪʀᴋ: ᴘᴜᴘᴘᴇᴛᴇᴇʀ

ᴡʜɪʟᴇ ʀᴇʏɴᴀ ɪs ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ᴀᴛ ʜᴇʀ ᴛᴀʀɢᴇᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴇʏᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴏʟᴅɪɴɢ ᴀ ᴄᴏɴᴠᴇʀsᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ, sʜᴇ ᴛᴀᴋᴇs ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴍɪɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜɪɴ, ᴀʟᴍᴏsᴛ ɪɴᴠɪsɪʙʟᴇ ᴡɪʀᴇs ᴛᴏ 'ᴘᴜᴘᴘᴇᴛ' ʜᴇʀ ᴠɪᴄᴛɪᴍ. ᴏɴᴄᴇ sʜᴇ ᴀᴄᴛɪᴠᴀᴛᴇs ᴘᴜᴘᴘᴇᴛᴇᴇʀ, ʜᴇʀ ᴇʏᴇs ɢʟᴏᴡ ᴀ ʙʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ʜᴜᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴇʀ ᴠɪᴄᴛɪᴍ's ᴇʏᴇs ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴅᴜʟʟ, ᴍᴜᴄʜ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴘᴜᴘᴘᴇᴛ. ᴏɴᴄᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs sᴛᴀᴛᴇ, sʜᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ғʀᴇᴇʟʏ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʜᴏᴡᴇᴠᴇʀ sʜᴇ ᴡɪsʜᴇs.

"Rie... you've misbehaved quite a lot. You've hired questionable servants, attended a Hero's school, and naively believed that you could become a Hero..." she began, "now stand."

She stood.

"Good..." she nodded in approval, "now... let's see... summon a pistol or dagger, whichever you choose, it doesn't matter."

Bakugo watched in confusion, his eyes flickering to the vastly different expressions of the family. Rie's expression was blank, her eyes covered by her dark locks; Ace's expression was one of shock and disbelief. Her mother wore a delighted and almost crazed expression, while her father wore a stoic expression, though he could tell that they were all anticipating her next action.

Just what the fuck is going on?

A minute or so passed before Rie chose to summon both weapons.

"Fine by me," Reyna shrugged nonchalantly, the corners of her mouth twitching upwards, "now..." she pointed a finger towards her brother. "Do you see him?"

"Yeah..." her voice was distant.

"Good..." she licked her lips, eyes glinting as she resonated her bloodlust in waves.

The next sentence sent chills up Bakugo's spine, his mouth dry.

"Now kill him."