Chapter 15

Chapter 15

I was humming to the song of Daniel Caesar's Best Part as I was pulling all my luggages out of the apartment.

I can't believe that I'll really miss the cold breeze of Baguio because later, I will be back to my old life; in a more polluted and noisy place—in Manila. I put all my things in the compartment of my car before I enter the driver's seat.

Parang kailan lang, gustong-gusto ko nang umuwi ng Manila; ngayon, ayaw ko nang iwanan ang Baguio.

It's 6:30 in the morning and I'm on my way to the house of this little woman I'm very smitten with. Last night, I told her that I want to see her before I leave this place. She's the last person I want to see before I drive home.

Damn, this is hard. Bakit baa yaw niya akong mag-stay? I can really do that. I don't care about my old life anymore. It is her now that matters to me the most.

I drove to Sarah's flower shop para sa bouquet of red tulips na halos araw-araw kong pinagagawa sa kanila. Kagabi nga ay nagreklamo pa siya dahil masiyado raw maaga, pero dahil may virtual VIP card na raw ako sa kan'ya ay pwede naman.

When I arrived to the flower shop, nag-park muna ako ro'n sandali para pumasok sa loob. It isn't the usual flower shop that anyone can see or imagine. This is as beautiful as Dangwa for me. This flower shop maybe smaller but you know how much the owner loves plants and flowers just by judging the interior and exterior of the shop.

Pagkabukas ko ng pintuan ay tumunog ang nakasabit sa itaas nito na nagsisilbing signal sa kanila na may dumating na client.

"Oh, good morning!" nakangiting bati ni Sarah sa akin, halatang kagigising lang dahil hindi pa siya naka-makeup halos at wala ang ibang staff niya. "Are you leaving already? Hindi pa kasi tapos ito pero patapos na," she said while wrapping the flower with the abaca she's always using for my requests.

"Okay lang, I can wait," I said as I sat on the couch.

She chuckled. "Ruby will miss this, I know."

Napangiti na lang ako. "I won't let her miss that."

She chuckled. "Are you really serious ba?" she asked. I nodded. "Well, I know that this business is just my past time but your everyday orders for her will be a big help for my staff. Thank you in advance."

I laughed as I went towards her. "Sa yaman mo naman, kahit nga wala kang tanggap na order sa araw-araw, kaya mo silang paswelduhin."

She scoffed. "I don't like that. I don't even want to receive money from my parents, especially from my Mom."

Umiiling siyang yumuko para ituon ang buong atensiyon sa bouquet ng red tulips. I smiled to myself. I can't believe that I'll make friends here in Baguio in just a span of few months. Nahanap ko pa ang babaeng mamahalin ko.

"Ayan, it's done na," bahagya niyang inayos ang mga bulaklak bago inabot sa akin ang bulaklak. I was about to pay for it when she waved her hands in disagreement. "Huwag na. Consider that as my token for friendship to you. Aalis ka na rin naman na today. Also, thank you for the beautiful house and garden. I love it so much."

I smiled. "Thank you for this," I slightly raise the bouquet of flower. "I'll come back and visit you some time."

She laughed. "Huwag na kung ayaw mong lalong kumulo ang dugo ni Ruby sa akin," we both laughed. "And tell her that I don't like you. You're not even my type."

I laughed. "What kind of men are your likes ba? Someone who uses thin-rimmed eyeglass occasionally?" I teased her, imagining CK's face with her. She glared at me. "Kidding."