Night 13. I Scream, You Scream

Night 13

I scream, you scream

"...Zero...," Zero pulled the blanket over his head and rolled over, "...Kiryuu...," he shut his eyes tightly. And then...

SLAAAAAPPP!

Zero cursed and sat up to kill his intruder but frowned when he saw Kira sitting on the edge of his bed, staring at him with blue eyes that seemed to glow in the dark. Zero rubbed his eyes and adjusted to the darkness, his vampire eyes examined her and he raised an eyebrow when he saw Kira was fully dressed. Jeans, t-shirt, jacket, beanie only covering the back of her head, boots and finger-less leather gloves. She smiled at him.

"You hit me," Zero hissed.

Kira grinned, "I have a plan, Kiryuu. A devilishly awesome plan, and you are my unfortunate victim."

"I thought we were still fighting," Zero said in a monotone.

"We're not on speaking terms," Kira said, standing up. On his bed. With her shoes on his blanket. Had his mother been alive and she saw Kira doing this, his mother would attack her and then attempt to stuff Kira's head into her own boot. Zero never angered his mother that way, he was too scared of her.

"If we're not on speaking terms, then why are you here? And talking to me?" Zero asked, scratching his head. He leaned back when Kira crouched in front of him, her face a few inches away from his.

"I want to show you something," she whispered. She gave Zero a kind smile, her big blue eyes sparkling with excitement.

Zero's gaze drifted away from Kira, to the distance between them. Her forehead was just about against his, her lips a few inches from his. He might have emotional damage, but he was an ordinary male. His male brain wondered to indecent thoughts, and the only thing that brought him back from those dangerous thoughts was the fact that if he tried anything, he'd hate himself...and Yagari would do cruel, cruel things to him. Things no person should even imagine.

"Kira, it's still early," Zero whispered.

"It'll just be for a while," Kira whispered. She took Zero's hand and pulled him. She jumped off his bed, and he followed, "Get dressed. Make sure you're warm though.'

Zero nodded and Kira let go of him and moved to his bedroom door and peeked around, probably checking that they could sneak out. Zero moved to his closet, stripped out of his pajama pants and replaced it with jeans, a black V-neck shirt, a hoody and his own beanie on his head. He put sneakers on and just as he stood up, Kira was standing in front of him. Her finger tips brushed against his skin as she admired his mother's wedding ring around his neck. She smiled and then shook her head.

"Ready?" she whispered. He nodded and Kira took his hand and they moved to his window. Kira pushed it open and jumped onto the window sill, but Zero snatched her wrist before she jumped. Kira turned and looked back at him, "Z?"

"We're on the third story," Zero hissed. He pulled her off the window sill and scolded her, "Do you want to break your leg? Or you arm? Or your friggin' neck?!"

Kira put her hands on her hips and glared at him, "Then what do you want to do?"

"I'll jump," Zero said as he crouched down and threw Kira over his shoulder. She didn't scream, but she gave his back a hard slap that made Zero cringe. Zero climbed onto the window sill and he leapt from the window. Before his feet touched the ground, he moved Kira so that she was in his arms. He landed effortlessly and when he looked up at Kira, he dropped her instantly and fell back on his ass as Kira pushed him to the ground. She giggled as he glared at her.