Chapter 2: Team

I jumped out of the futon and grabbed my mask, not bothering to put on another transformation jutsu. I strapped it on as I ran, pulling up my hair into a ponytail and putting a genjutsu on it so that my hair would appear fully white instead of changing to black when it came to my shoulders.

Their heartbeats got closer and closer as I ran through the forest. But where was Kakashi and Sasuke? I pulled up my black hood, holding onto it as the wind threatened to rip it off of my head. I jumped into the trees and stopped abruptly when Tenchi Bridge came into view. They were right across the bridge.

I stopped for a second, wondering what they were doing with the two strangers. They were being incredibly still, but one of the strangers was moving towards the bridge. I jerked when two other familiar heartbeats entered my range. One was... Kabuto Yakushi and the other was-

I turned towards where the heartbeats were arriving and narrowed my eyes. That snake man, Orochimaru. What are they doing here? I hid my chakra signature and decided to wait it out and see what happened.

Kabuto appeared on the bridge from my side and walked to the middle of the bridge. Orochimaru stood to the side of me, hidden in the trees like I was. Kabuto seemed to be waiting for someone when the foreign heartbeat that had been with Naruto and Sakura made itself apparent.

It was some type of hunched over... Thing. I'm not even sure if I could lable it as human. It stopped in front of Kabuto. Things were said that I couldn't make out due to the strong wind when suddenly the hunched-over man-thing took out a kunai. He looked like he was about to stab Kabuto, but Orochimaru appeared and stopping everything.

Kabuto jumped to protect the hunched man, but ended up slicing off his head. Which was made of wood. There was another man inside of the wooden thing, who jumped out with only a scratch on his arm.

I strained to listen to what they were saying and when the wind quieted down for a second I could make out a few words.

"How about the little worms behind you come out. And how about you come out too, Protector." I jerked a little when he turned around and stared me right in the eye, a creepy smile on his face. He must've known I was here the whole time.

The stranger put up his hand to signal the three behind him. I gasped a little when they all jumped out and stood behind the stranger.

I threw a kunai with one of my seals and performed the correct handsigns, transporting right in front of Naruto in a few seconds. His eyes widened in surprise as I stared back at him through the mask.

"W-Who are you?" He asked, but I could sense a slight fear in the air. Naruto's seal must have loosened after these three years.

"Naruto..." I jumped away from him as to not give away my identity just yet. Sakura looked different too. They both seemed much more mature. I could tell that Naruto was probably taller then me, if only by a half an inch or so.

The strangers were staring intently at me. They both had the same look in their eyes. It seemed that they had undergone intense training when they were younger.

"I am the Protector," I said, using the name Yugo had given me when we met.

"Don't trust her. She could be with them." The one that had been inside of the wooden thing glared suspiciously at me.

"Well, well, well... What a reunion this is." I turned towards Orochimaru and glared. He couldn't know who I was, that was impossible. So what in the world was he talking about?

"What are you talking about you bastard?" Naruto growled and his eyes turned a demonic red, sending more spikes of chakra into the air.

"You say that you care about your friends, but you can't recognize who you've been looking for is standing right in front of you." Orochimaru laughed, "I think since you all are here we should have a little fun."