Chapter 14: What-

I screamed as pain shot through my body as the mark on my arm spread to the rest of my body, covering my body in glowing, purple vines. Two giant wings of chakra sprouted from my back, flaring up instead of falling limp at my sides as they usually did.

I bit my lip until it bled, trying not to scream or pass out due to the pain. All I could do was try and distance myself from the pain and flashing images of blood in front of my eyes. I didn't think my star's chakra would hurt me as much as it was now. It seemed like the pain had gotten worse since the last time I used the jutsu, which was years ago in the Forest of Death.

Tenshi gave me a crazed smile. "Finally! It took you long enough to use it!" Her laugh caused my head to hurt and I gripped tightly at it, hoping that it would somehow make some of the pain go away.

"You forced this star onto me. I refuse to give it back to you!" The last part of my sentence came out as a strangled scream as pain wracked my body once again. Tears sprung from my eyes despite my efforts to keep them away.

Tenshi laughed at my agonized state and put a hand on her hip. "Naive child. You still haven't figured out that using that jutsu is destroying you?"

I cried out and pulled at my hair, trying to focus on Tenshi and ignore the pain. "W-What do you mean?" I managed to force out, tears now streaming fiercely down my face without any sign of stopping. The pain was too much, but... I couldn't give up!

She smirked and took a step towards me. I stumbled back, trying to keep my distance, but it wasn't working. I felt blood dripping down from my nose, the pain becoming absolutely unbearable. "Let me explain it to you as simply as I possibly can. That "star" of yours is actually a peace of the moon. And you know what the moon is?"

She waited for a split second then continued. "It's the shell of the ten tails!" She began laughing hysterically as if she had told some great joke.

"T-Ten tails?" My vision went blurry for a second, but I shook my head to try and clear it. She was trying to distract me so the pain would keep me from fighting properly! I shot out my hand and my wings went to attack Tenshi, but she easily dodged them.

"Stop trying to distract me. Everyone knows there are only nine tailed beasts." She smirked at me and continued to easily dodge my attacks.

"Ah, what a silly child. You don't trust your sensei to tell you the truth?" I felt my control begin to waver. The chakra was trying to take over me. I couldn't control it much longer.

Sleep...

If you sleep you can escape this nightmare...

"S-Shut up," I mumbled to myself. I looked back up at Tenshi as my wings disappeared. I couldn't control it and there was no way I was going to let the star's (or I suppose beast's) chakra take over me.

Tenshi took a step closer to me, but this time I stayed in place. It was taking all of my willpower not to pass out on the ground. Images of blood entered my mind over and over again. Even as I tried to activate my Sharingan, they still appeared and left me practically senseless.

My breathing was heavy and I began to violently cough up blood. It was worse then before and it seemed as if I was never going to stop. It was getting harder and harder for me to breathe.

Black dotted my vision, but I was still able to see Tenshi's face as she scowled down at me. "Idiot! Don't you know that if you die I can't take the star?!"

I ignored her, the taste of blood overwhelming my systems and the need to receive oxygen becoming greater by the minute.

There was nothing I could do. For the second time I was really going to-