Chapter 9 [edited]

It was the next night as Kakyoin decided what to wear. It was a choice between a cherry printed shirt and a brown sweater. He didn't feel nervous because he had already met Joseph and Caeser. He just always had trouble when it came to fashion. He got out of his fashion daze and put on the brown sweater. It was cool at least and he went to Jotaros apartment.

Jotaro decided to wear his usual and he waited for Kakyoin. He didn't feel nervous either. There wasn't any excitement either. It felt so natural that everything he ever wanted was coming true. He felt deserving of it and heard a knock at the door. Then came a second knock it was Kakyoin. He opened the door to see Kakyoin dressed up and ready to go. Kakyoin spoke.

"Hey"

"Hey"

Meanwhile, Joseph was driving Josuke to the mall. Josuke was excited to go window's shopping and not buy anything. He expected maybe like twenty dollars. Twenty dollars was enough to buy a good meal and feel good enough to not get mugged. The car stopped and Josuke hopped out.

"How much do you need?"

"I'm ok with whatever amount you give me, thanks for even giving me any. There's really no need"

"Go buy some fancy designer clothes, and don't worry about paying me back. It's just spending money"

With those departing words, Joseph took out his wallet and handed Josuke the money. He drove away before Josuke could say anything. He counted the money before him. $2,000. At first Josuke wanted run after the car and shove the money back. But... It was spending money, and the mall was having a sale. Josuke went inside and had the time of his life.

Kakyoin held Jotaros hand as the walked past the gates.

"I always forget how big this place is."

"You'll get used to big fancy places soon enough"

"And what's that supposed to mean?"

Jotaro smirked as he looked down at Kakyoin. Kakyoin was quite shorter than Jotaro. So Kakyoin always felt small and he hated when people commented on his height. They rang the doorbell and Caeser greeted them in.

"Hello! Come right in! Come right in! It's so great to have you here!"

"Hey Grandpa, where's the old man?"

"Oh he'll be here in a minute, let me just take your coats and get yourself seated"

They sat down and Joseph had eventually come in. Kakyoin became strangely quiet. It was as if a chill came into the room. Jotaro noticed it. He held Kakyoins hand under the table, Kakyoin barely held it back. The dinner was great but it wasn't going great. Joseph decided to ask Kakyoin a question.

"So when are you guys getting married?"

Joseph expected a funny reaction. However, he got a response that wasn't what he expected.

"Time tells eventually"

Even Jotaro was surprised as Kakyoin held his hand tighter. Joseph wasn't bothered though as he laughed and said.

"You picked a good one Jotaro"

"I'm a human being Joseph"

Kakyoin interrupted. He didn't care if he was making a bad impression, they'd known him for years so why care now?

"I'm not just another boy on the street, I'm a human being. Don't act like you don't know that."

"Jesus Christ chill out Kakyoin! I was just joking around"

"So when you strip someone of their decency as a human being, you're joking around?"

Kakyoin got ahold of himself and laughed it off.