𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

sugawara pov:

 " who is this?" Tanaka asks us. Everyone is staring at y/n.

" This is y/n" Daichi says, stepping forward and putting his hand on her shoulder.

" Oh are you two dating?" Nishinoya asks them. I feel jealous when he says that about them, Daichi is already so comfortable around her, it makes them look like more than friends.

" No they aren't dating!" Asahi quickly says.

" She just came to this school today" I add. Everyone looks at us suspiciously since we tried to prove them wrong so quickly but they go back to focusing on actual volleyball. Kiyoko calls Daichi over to talk. I watch as he walks off until I feel someone tug on the sleeve of my shirt. I look over and see Y/n standing there.

" I just wanted to say I might go home soon" She says. 

" Oh okay, do you need one of us to walk you home?" I ask.

" I don't need it, but if you guys would like to, you can tag along!"

" Sure, I'd be happy to walk you home" I say, she smiles brightly. Hinata, Nishinoya, and Tanaka run over to her, I sigh, they might scare her away from the club.

" Hi, I'm Shoyo Hinata!" Hinata energetically yells. 

" I'm Y/n L/n!" She returns her name in a calmer tone. Tanaka turns to Nishinoya and poorly whispers about who's prettier, Y/n or Kiyoko. Y/n seems more awkward and uncomfortable since she can clearly hear their conversation. I hesitate but I gently grab her hand and walk her away from the situation. 

" Do you wanna go now?" I ask

" Uh yes please" She says, tightening the grip on my hand and interlocking our fingers. My heartbeat feels like it just got 10x faster. 

" I'm gonna leave so that I can walk her home!" I yell out. Daichi and Asahi look over at the two of us and look kind of upset that one, we're holding hands and two, they aren't the ones walking her home. I avoid making eye contact with them as we leave the gym together. Most of the walk to her house is silent and awkward. I don't wanna just always be nervous and shy around her, I should speak.

" Um.. I'm sorry about Tanaka and Nishinoya, they don't know how to act properly around girls"

" It's fine, things like that tend to happen. Everyone gets compared to someone else" She says. 

" Yeah but it shouldn't happen, both you and Kiyoko are really pretty" I say. She stops in front of a building, her home I guess. I didn't expect it but she pulls me into a sudden hug. My eyes widen for a second, but I slowly wrap my arms around her as well, still kind of confused on why I'm being hugged.

" Sorry for doing that out of nowhere, I'm just so glad I met you and the other guys today" She says. I smile at her words and we both let go of each other.

" I'm glad I met you as well, I'm sure the other guys are happy too... well i'll see you at school, bye" I say right before I walk away.

" Bye!" She yells, then I hear the door open and close. I walk off and hit myself for being so awkward. What the fuck? I'm never that awkward.