𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆

A couple days after I hung out with Asahi, everything at school just turned rotten. Sugawara became distant, and there's been a lot of whispers surrounding us. Most of the insults in people's words were targeted towards me since all the issues with the friend group started whenever I came to this school. The first couple of whispers about me were people comparing me to Kiyoko and other beautiful girls in the school. I was upset about those but I tried to tell myself that it didn't matter. Now, everyone is saying I'm at fault for everything and that I'm tearing the boys apart on purpose. I'm trying my best to avoid that rumor as well but it's actually getting to me. I walk towards the gym, It's been a while since I've come to see volleyball practices. Before I reach the door, I trip over a rock that was in the grass. I fall to my knees. I didn't realize how pathetic my emotional state was until I felt myself tearing up over this. Falling on the ground just completely broke me down. I feel the warm streaks of tears slowly fall down my cheeks as I look down at the grass.

" Y/n?" I hear a voice I know too well call out my name. Sugawara. I can't bring myself to look up at him though. We both stay silent. After a couple seconds of me just sobbing on the ground, he kneels down and holds me in his arms. I rest my head on his shoulder, letting my tears sink into his shirt. I clutch onto him tightly, appreciating the comfort. I could hear people walk into the gym as we held onto each other. They could see the situation the both of us were in so they would stay silent as they walked by.

" Do you want to tell me why you're upset?" Suga asks, finally breaking the silence.

" It's just everything.." I mumble, a quiver in my voice from all the crying.

" I'm so sorry.." He says. He helps me get up and wipes the tears of my face with his thumb. When I look at him, I can see that his eyes are rather glassy, like he's on the verge of tears as well.

" How about I take you home?" He asks with a sincere and comforting smile. I nod my head. He takes my hand and begins walking me home like how he usually would. As we walk, his thumb rubs gently over my knuckles. We reach the front door of my home and he turns to me.

" I guess I should explain myself.." He nervously says

" I just was upset with Asahi over something and I ran away from my issues like an idiot. I had no idea it would affect you that bad. My excuse is stupid, I know." He says. I quickly pull him into a hug.

" I really thought you hated us or something" I say. I wanted to tell him about how I'm at blame as well but I knew he would just deny it to make me feel better about myself.

" I could never." He says. I pull away and look at him with a smile. I didn't realize that I was leaning in closer towards him, inch by inch, until our lips actually connected. My eyes widened a little once I realize what exactly I'm doing. Kissing him. I was gonna pull away and apologize but neither of us seem to dislike it. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer, deepening the kiss. I let my eyes close until we both pull away. His face is dusted with pink.

" I-I'm sorry about doing that so suddenly.." I nervously apologize.

" No it's okay... Well you should go get some rest. You had a rough day" He says. I nod my head.

" You're right.. bye!" I yell out before I run inside my home. Why did I kiss him? I never thought about doing that before. I guess it makes sense. My face is always warm around him and I always wanted to get closer to him specifically. So.. I have crush on Sugawara.