Prologue

15 years ago

15 years ago, ability users were the rarest of the rares. Finding one was extremely hard and they are usually sold to scientists for them to research. Nakahara Chuuya, being one of them. He was sold to the scientists when he was 5. 

Chuuya (7 years old) POV

I open one of my eyes in my incubator and pushed the button next to me so the liquid will drain. I carefully took off my oxygen mask and pushed the door open and walked out of the incubator. Its been a few days since the professor successfully made me into a vessel for Lord Arahabaki, who now lives in my body. I touched my stomach knowing he was in there, somewhere...

"Oh, you've awakened 5158?" I heard. I turned around to see the head scientist. I nodded and grabbed a towel to dry myself. 

"Good, you'll begin tests in 15 minutes, get changed, and come over to the test room." He said and walked off. I nodded again and continued drying off. I quickly changed and followed the professor. 

"You know the drill 5158, go ahead and lie down," Professor said and gestured towards the metal table. I silently obeyed him and went to lie down on the cold metal table. The cuffs were secured on my arms and legs before I was shot with some sleeping medication. I felt dizzy and fainted. The last words I heard were...

"Let us start the operation..." 

Chuuya's dream

"The hell do you think you're doing you good for nothing child!" 

"I-I'm sorry father- I was just trying to try something with my abili-" 

"Nonsense! Stop that immediately or I will sell you off to those damned scientists!" Father cut me off. I trembled and quietly started to pick up the little bits of the glass I dropped. Father clicked his tongue. 

"Why did I have to have an ability-user as a child?! Why could I have not had a regular kid as my son?!" He exclaimed and walked off. I continued picking up the little bits of glass and my tears started to fall, slowly dropping on the floor. 

{Goddammit don't cry DONT CRY, Father will be mad...} I quickly wiped my tears with my sleeve and continuing to pick up the glass shards. 

Chuuya's dream end 

I slowly woke up from the dream I just had, my head hurt like crazy and I saw many bandages across my chest and abdomen area. I sat up and buttoned up my shirt before pulled on my jacket with a sigh. 

"Your food and drink are ready at the cafeteria 5158, good work today," Professor said and ticked off something on his clipboard. I nodded before standing up and walked out of the room towards the cafeteria. But before I got to the Cafeteria I heard a loud explosion and the ground beneath me shook. A loud siren started going off and I covered my ears. 

"An experiment has started to rampage! An experiment has started to rampage! Everyone get out of the building now! I repeat everyone get out of the building now!" I heard in the speakers. I panicked. I was on the 5th floor. Getting down the stairs will take too long, I looked around and spotted a window, a few meters away. I ran towards it and jumped out glass shattering as I hit the glass. I felt a few sharp pains around my body as the glass cut my skin, as I hit the ground I rolled into it. I looked up to the building and it was up in flames, a fire ability user must have gotten loose. I quickly ran off into the forest, I was free, No more tests, nothing, I was finally free. I ran the whole way back home. I wanted to see Mother so bad, it's been two years since I last saw her. Since she sold me... When I got back to my house I knocked on the big wooden door 3 times. I heard footsteps to the door before it was opened. 

"Chuuya...? Chuuya is that you...?" Mother asked as she started to tear up.  

"Yes it is Mother," I smiled up at her. 

"Chuuya.... Baby why did you come back..? And why now of all times..." Mother said as tears fell down she crouched down to my height and started stroking my head. 

"The Laboratory burned down," I replied. That's when I noticed, there was a spot of red on her favorite apron. I reached out and touched the spot to which she flinched and a bead of red dripped down from her mouth. When I retracted my hand the red stuck to my hand. It was a liquid. Blood. I looked up with horror at Mother. Blood kept on dripping down from mother's mouth. 

"Mother...?" I whimpered. 

"It's alright son... I'm okay... Go inside and meet your sister, she's in your old room..." She smiled gently before she fell to the ground. A pool of red liquid started to puddle around her. I widened my eyes and tried to shake her awake. 

"Mother! Mother! Mother wake up! I just came back!" I shouted as I tried to wake her up. 
"You're asleep right mother..? Okay, I'll let you sleep, its okay mother..." I said as I went to grab her a blanket. I pulled it over her and went to my old room where mother said there will be someone waiting for me. I walked inside and there, sleeping peacefully was a baby girl. I walked over to her and gently picked her up and hugged her tightly. I looked around for any clues of her name until I saw a poster, it read. 

'Welcome to the world Nakahara Kaede!'

"Kaede... Oniichan will protect you I promise." I whispered to her. I ran out of the building and disappeared back into the forest. 

After a few years, when Chuuya was 13 and Kaede was 6, They met the sheep. They helped Chuuya take care of Kaede in exchange for him, a rare ability user protecting them. Chuuya quickly agreed to the deal. Since then Chuuya and Kaede lived with the sheep, like family. Two years later, Chuuya bumped into Dazai and blah blah blah. When Chuuya when back to the camp where he and the sheep lived for two years. Kaede was nowhere to be seen. Chuuya continuously yelled out her name but she didn't respond. Until he found her. She got into a car accident. She was terribly injured and Chuuya carried her to the hospital to get her treated. Luckily the mafia helped him pay the bill. Since then, for nine years Kaede has been in the hospital and during those years, Chuuya continued to visit Kaede. Every.Single.Day. He grew to become an executive of the mafia and has nearly forgotten about the past. He and Dazai became the known "Soukoku" The best partners in crime. Until Dazai one day disappeared. Only to be seen in the opposing Detective agency. Chuuya was heartbroken once again and only told Kaede his true feelings while to the other executives and the boss, he cheered with Petrus. 

AND NOW, We go to the present~

Nakahara Kaede is an OC of mine, She is not in the actual BSD Anime but I just wanted to slide her in since Chuuya is very protective of his friends and family. Again, she is not real.

Hello, my lovelies! I recently rewatched Bungou Stray Dogs and was like Why not, let's make a fanfic. I haven't been online for many weeks and thought this would be a good entry back! I hope you enjoy this book! Cheers!!