Chapter 7 -A problem

Harriet's pov:

I was walking through the halls with Draco and we were going to lunch when we bumped into Mr. Potter, a.k.a my former dad. "Hello, Mr. Potter," I said in a sweet tone even though my blood was boiling in rage. "Hello, Ms. Snape and Mr. Malfoy. Off to lunch, I see." Mr. Potter said and I nodded to him. "Well, then I hope you both enjoy it. Oh and Ms. Snape, I heard about your amazing transfiguration yesterday and I hope you keep up the good work." Mr. Potter said and I could tell he was lying to me and that he just wanted me to fail.

I smiled sweetly then me and Draco left to go to the great hall. "Ugh. I hate that man." I said putting my book away. "I can tell. Your fists were clenched really tight when we talked to him." Draco said and I didn't even realize that. "Come on, let's eat lunch and get to Herbology," Draco said and I nodded to him. We got to the great hall and we saw Pansy and Blaise waving at us, and they were saving seats for us.

"Ugh, finally I'm so hungry." Frost fire said and I laughed a little. "So what do you guys plan to do after classes?" Draco asked, sitting down next to me. "Well, we planned to just sit by the fireplace a little and maybe do some pranks later," Blaise said and I smiled. "Maybe we can ask some help from the Weasley twins, I hear that they're very good when it comes to trouble and pranks," I said, Blaise and Pansy nodded at the idea.

After lunch was over, Me, Draco, Pansy, and Blaise were about to go to Herbology when we heard Mr. Potter talking to my dad. "Severus, why did you adopt Harriet! She is taking all the attention Harry needs." Mr. Potter said and I hated him very much. "I adopted Harriet because she needed someone to love her for who she is, and you have already given Mr. Potter enough attention. Harriet has never had any sort of attention since the day Mr. Potter was announced as the boy-who-lived." Dad said and I smiled knowing he was someone who truly loved me.

"That child was an embarrassment to the Potter family who is weak and doesn't deserve any sort of attention." Mr. Potter said angrily. "You will regret adopting that brat one day." Mr. Potter almost yelled out. "I'm afraid you will be the one to regret disowning Harriet one day," Dad said and I smiled. "Wow, that got deep." Frost fire said, then we all went to Herbology.

We all saw Professor Sprout and Mrs. Potter in the greenhouse and it was so big. Professor Sprout was telling us all about the specific types of plants and what they do. "Now, what kind of spell can a witch or wizard use when they are up against Devil's snare?" Professor Sprout asked and I was about to raise my hand when Granger beat me to it. "They can use Riddikulus or Expelliarmus," Granger said and I rolled my eyes because those were the wrong answers.

"Um, I'm sorry Ms. Granger but those are the wrong answers." Mrs. Potter and I raised my hand and Professor Sprout allowed me to speak. "Devil's Snare is very sensitive to light or heat. So a witch or wizard can use Incendio or a light spell." I said and Professor Sprout smiled and strangely Mrs. Potter. "Thank you, Ms. Snape. 20 points for Slytherin for excellent knowledge." Professor Sprout said, and I gave Granger a smug look and she glared at me.

Herbology went on just fine and it was amazing. Mrs. Potter seemed really impressed with how I was doing and seemed surprised I was helping Pansy understand some of the plants. After Herbology was over, I and Draco were talking about whether he should change his hairstyle when someone pushed me and I fell down to the ground. "That's what you get, Death eater." I heard Weasley say and he is a pain in my neck a lot.

"What did I ever do to you?" I grumbled, then Draco helped me up, and Pansy helped me collect my books. "You embarrassed Hermonie and no one embarrasses a member of the Golden Trio," Potter said and I really hate him. "Mr. Potter, what is the meaning of this!!" Professor Sprout asked, clearly outraged.

"Professor. Ronald pushed Harriet just because she corrected Granger for her wrong answer and called her a Death eater." Draco said, making me go behind him and a lot more of the Slytherin students defended his word. "I expected more from you three. 10 points off Gryffindor for each of you and for hurting a fellow student detention later." Professor Sprout said and I was satisfied with their punishment. "Serves them right, for hurting you." Frost fire said and I smiled. After that, everyone went with the rest of their classes.

When it was dinner time in the great hall, the Weasley twins came to the Slytherin table with Ronald. "We are-" "terribly sorry for- "our brother's behavior, to you." Fred and George said and I smiled. "It's alright, he already got what he deserved," I said with a smug look on my face. "Well, dear handsome brother, Mom, and Dad are going to be quite angry once they find out what Ronekins here did," Fred said, looking at his twin brother.

"I agree with my handsome brother, they are going to be quite furious," George said then they left pulling the collar of Ronald's sweater vest. "I have no idea how they do that or how to tell them apart," Draco said and I agreed with him. "Meat please." Frost fire said and I gave him some chicken, and he enjoyed it very much.

A few months later after the whole Weasley calling me a Death eater incident, I started helping more of the Slytherin students with some homework. Some of the higher years are also asking for my help. I was in the great hall eating dinner with Draco, Pansy, and Blaise, when Filch and his scary cat Mrs. Norris came in and he was yelling out..."TROLL! TROLL IN THE DUNGEON." Filch said collapsing and passing, with everyone screaming out of their minds.

Dumbledore was soon able to calm down and told everyone to go back to the common room until further notice. And also it's official, Dumbledore hates Slytherin the most since he knows that the troll is in the Dungeon. Dad started leading all the Slytherin students to the library, but one more person was still in the great hall. "Wait, we forgot one more person," I said then ran back to the great hall and Draco was following behind me.

"Who's still left?" Draco shouted, trying to keep up with me. "Filch and his scary cat Mrs. Norris," I said and finally made it back to the great hall to see Filch standing up back on his feet, but he seemed very light-headed at the moment. I and Draco help him get to the library with Mrs. Norris. I am really glad Frost fire was still in my robe pocket so he would still be safe with me. I and Draco got to the library and we let Filch sit down on a chair with Mrs. Norris sitting on his lap.

"Ugh. can you believe that Dumbledore wanted us to go to the dungeon where the troll is?" I heard one of the fourth-year students upset about what Dumbledore instructed. "He could have gotten us all killed." Another fourth year and they were all right. I soon felt the hair on the back of my neck stand and I could hear Frost fire growl. "I don't think the troll is in the dungeon anymore," I said and Draco looked at me confused.

"How do you know exactly?" Draco asked, then everyone soon heard a loud roar and Dad brought out his wand. "Does that answer your question?" I asked then brought out my wand then we all heard a loud thump by the door of the library, Draco looked at me and nodded then brought out his wand. "Students hide at the back of the library now," Dad said, then the troll was now banging at the door, it soon got louder and everyone hid behind the rows of the library.

The dad stayed close by the door, and the doors soon flew open and a troll came inside the library dad used a sleeping spell on it and the troll fell down to the ground and all the teachers came in and apologized to everyone for putting all the Slytherin students endanger, everyone soon goes back to the common room and are holding a bit of grudge against Dumbledore, I just hope the next year will be better.