Chapter Thirteen - Awaiting Fame

Who’d have known this drama competition was going to be this much fun? Miss was explaining what was going to happen to Tony and I. “So, yes, you get a few days off school to do the training, and then a few more for the actual competitions.” I nodded as she said this, days off school… awesome.

“And what exactly do we have to do for the training?” Tony asked before I could. Miss smiled at us, oh god. When a teacher smiled like she just did you should be worried, terrified even.

“Teach.” She replied, stood up and walked back to the rest of the class. Tony and I looked at each other then rushed after her. Then miss walked back to us as she'd obviously forgotten something, "Oh and you're doing Macbeth."

I sighed a very large sigh of relief then realized what she just said, “Teach?!” I exclaimed just after miss had given the others instructions.

“Oh yes.”

“What do you mean teach?”

“Well,” miss started, then she looked at us. “you might want to sit down.” I gave Tony a worried look to find that he was giving me exactly the same look. We sat down simultaneously and miss continued, “You have the rest of this lesson, which is about 45 minutes, to prepare  drama lesson for a year 9 class. You will teach them separately, so Gwen you have one and Tony’ll have the other, but you can use each other to help you.”

“And when will we be teaching these year 9 groups?” Tony asked, but I think we both already knew the answer. And judging by the look miss gave us both we were right.

“Third period, after break, will be Tony and then fourth period will be Gwen.” She answered, and we were right. Tony and I both sighed.

“Brilliant.” I mumbled. 45 minutes to prepare a drama lesson for a group of year nines, this was going to go brilliantly.

“So, I’ll leave you to it.” Miss left us sitting down and returned to her lesson. Tony looked at me.

--

“Any ideas?” Tony joked, “Cause I’m stumped.”

I gathered the paper with my notes on and tapped it on the table making it nice and neat, “A few.” I turned to Tony to see only one piece of paper with a few scrawled notes on. “And I see that your lesson is going to be a fun one.”

“Cheers.” He laughed, “What great support.”

I shrugged, “I try.” Tony looked at me annoyed and picked his pen up only to twirl it between his fingers and chew the end.

I dropped my notes on the table and sat back in my chair. I was going to be a fun drama teacher, even if it was the last thing I do. My lesson was going to be fun, they were going to like my lesson.

“We’re going to fail this competition.” Tony burst out, he dropped his pen and the sound it made echoed throughout the room. I gave him an irritated look.

“What makes you say that?” I replied, he can’t just give up before we’d even started.

“Because, because, because I can’t even some up with a stupid lesson!” he yelled, that also echoed through the room. Who knew this room was that big?

“Surely you can’t find it that hard.”

“Easy for you to say, you’ve already got pages and pages of notes and ideas.”

“You’re a good actor Tony, you just need some inspiration.”

“Seriously? Inspiration? That’s what you’re going with?” he didn’t seem to be taking what I said seriously. I gave him the same irritated look and stood up.