Chapter 5.

"where were you?", my mom asks coming out of the kitchen.

"i went to breakfast", i say.

"oh, lindy is here?", she asks.

i shake my head.

"christian?", she questions.

i nod my head sheepishly.

she smiles at me.

"he still coming over?", she asks.

i nod my head again with a smile.

"go up and get changed, i need your help in the kitchen", she says.

"i'll be right back then", i say running up the stairs.

back in my room i walk into my closet and look through my clothes until i find this burgundy long sleeve skater dress.

pulling it out of my closet i decide to pair it with a pair of black tights and a pair of black booties.

laying my outfit on my bed i go into my bathroom and brush my teeth.

after i was finished i take off the beanie and brush through my hair deciding to curl it.

once i was satisfied with how it looked, i put on some makeup and make sure everything looked good.

walking out of my bathroom i change into the outfit and look over it in the mirror.

smiling in satisfaction, i put on my jewelry and spray some perfume.

walking down the stairs i go into the kitchen to see everyone doing something.

"mom what can i help you with?", i ask loud enough for her to hear me.

"take the pies out of the oven and set them on oven mits to cool. then take the rolls and set them on the table along with the salad", she instructs.

i nod my head and get to work.

i had barely set the rolls and the salad on the table when my grandma comes up beside me.

"hey, sweet, is he coming?", she asks.

i nod my head. "yes, nan. he'll be here".

she smiles at me and sits down at the table.

i start to get nervous.

-

an hour later we finish up with everything and we're now sitting at the table with our plates of food.

kelly is on my left and there's an empty seat next to me, for christian, and maggie is next to it.

"when is he supposed to come?", my aunt whispers.

"he's supposed to be here now", i say.

i meet her eyes and she looks me with doubt.

"maybe he got lost", she tries to reassure.

"he doesn't live that far from me. he dropped me off this morning. he knows where i live kel", i explain.

"call him sweetheart, we'll wait to say the prayer", my dad says.

i nod and excuse myself from the table and rush into another room and call him.

it goes straight to voicemail.

what?

i text him.

"hey christian, where are you?"