Twenty Two

'I'm so sorry' Kaycee bent down on her knees, picking up the sheets of paper that had aimlessly dropped to the floor.

'Should be' a feminine voice whispered. The girl probably thought her voice was low enough not to be heard, but Kaycee heard her all right. Loud and clear.

'Here you go' Kaycee pushed the stack of papers into the girl's hands met by raging eyes.

'You don't seem like the type but...take one anyways. Popular or not, you're invited' the girl sneered, plastering a fake smile onto her lips before brushing past the brunette.

'Oh, look at me. I'm a queen and that means I get to be bossy and a bitch' Kaycee spoke I an high pitch voice as she stuffed the sheet of paper into her school bag without even looking at it. She passed through the Univeristy corridors alone-annoyed that the one day Bailey stayed at home sick, this happened. She kept her head down low, not responding to any accidental contact she made with random people that walked by her.

'Morning grumpy' Sean joked, sending her an eyebrow raise as she slammed her books on the table and sat down with a huff.

'I'm not in the mood to talk, Lew' she muttered, pushing her brown hair behind her ear and slumping down on her chair.

'This must be the first time you're not angry because of me' he murmured, giving her one last glance before motioning at the door that was opening. 'Or is it because of me?'

'Good morning, class' the sub announced loudly. A few replied but it was rather mellow and unenthusiastic. 'Good morning' she repeated again, a stricter tone embed into her speech.

The students all sat up straighter, back poised and arms crossed on the desk. 'Good morning, miss'.

'Much better...now, I've been thinking, and seeing how we've flown through each chapter rather fast, I think it'd be a good idea to take break. What do you all think?' She tapped her pen on the table. 'A walk sounds nice to me'.

Everyone looked skeptically at her. Is this the same sub?  'Yeah-yeah' they croaked out nonthless. 

'Alright then. I'll just take the attendance and then we'll do a walk down to the harbor and back. I want everyone to behave and walk out in an orderly fashion with your partner. Okay? No switching, no tagging with others. Just the person you're sitting beside today'.

Kaycee buried her face into her hands. 'Just great'.

'You could at least pretend to sound more excited' Sean said.

'You're getting on my fucking nerve, right now' Kaycee snapped.

'Nothing new, huh?'

The brunette glared at him, dragging a hand down her face before she replied to her name being called on the attendance list, followed by quiet chatter from the students and the teacher packing up her belongings and pushing it under her desk. 'Everyone up. And remember, we're walking in pairs...Pairs does not two plus another two, okay? If you must you can quietly converse to other people by a simple turn of your head'.

The university students all abruptly stood up, exiting the classroom when the sub -now official professor-motioned them to leave in an orderly fashion.

'What's got you so bogged down anyway, Rice?'. Kaycee bounced her shoulders, picking up a candy wrapper that was littered on the floor.

'Those stupid bitches' she spat.

'So there's more of me?'.

'Ha ha, very funny' she scoffed, hugging her arms around her body. 'It's those stupid girls who think they own this place. The last time I checked, they didn't ave any relation with this univerity'.