Chapter 15: Eric's POV: Broken

It's already been over an hour and she should have had enough time to unpack. Maybe I should go check on her to see how she's doing. I can't help but think about the conversation me and Vera had in their living room earlier this morning.

:Flash back:

"Eric Katrina isn't like normal woman . She's different" After arriving to pick Katrina up Vera takes me aside and asks me to sit down on the couch.

"Different as in she's still a virgin? I have heard this a lot, nothing is wrong with that" shrugging my shoulders her way I don't really understand why they keep making a big deal about that. It's not like it's the end of the world just because someones a virgin. We all were once upon a time.

" No her virginity aside im talking about emotionally she's not like most people. Shes withdrawn, she's not heartless, she cares about people and loves them in her own way but she's just.."

Vera drifts off mid sentences unable to get the message across. It takes her a second to compose herself before she opens her mouth to speak.

"This year will mark 11 years since her mother died. It wasn't something we expected she was a strong and independent woman full of love and life. She always fought no matter how sick she got but the way she died Kat shouldn't have had to watch it." Her eyes were already full of tears; she didn't try to hold them back either.

"She watched her mother die?" Shifting my body to the other side so I sat on the couch .

"It was supposed to be a happy day to celebrate life but instead every year it's just a reminder of how she died. Her mom was sick. Really sick she fought and beat cancer 4 times we all thought she would pull through she was doing great. Her treatment was working, she had energy and she was up talking and walking.

Then on October 1st we were out having fun. We were 15 celebrating and Kat got a phone call from her mom but when she answered it was quiet we couldn't hear anything until...

Until we heard someone gasp for air. I have never seen Kat run so fast. We didn't live far from each other just a few houses away. Before we even reached her house Kat already called 911 we could hear the sirens in the distance but we got there before they did."

"She told me to stay outside and wait for the ambulance to arrive, so that's what I did. When they arrived I showed them into the house and I called out for Kat but she didn't answer me. I ran the whole house until I found them in the nursery..."

"Her mother was 4 months pregnant.. " Veras voice broke in between her sobs

" Kat was lying over top of her mother covered in her blood crying giving her mouth to mouth. When she looked at me she had this distance look in her eyes and then she went back to giving her mom cpr. She wouldn't leave her mom's side. I was told to wait outside but I could see everything from the window. Kat never let go of her mom's hand. They worked on her for over thirty minutes . They called time of death at 4:52pm. . By the time her father got to the hospital she was already gone. That was the last time I saw Kat cry."

"Even at her mom's funeral she didn't cry. She was sent to a number of doctors but they all said the same thing they said she had ptsd. Still till this day she is not good around blood. Every other situation she is calm in but the slightest hint of blood and she freaks." Vera wipes her tears away before standing up

"We haven't been away from each other in 10 years. This is going to be hard on her so just be patient and make sure she's okay? She doesn't cry but she still feels the emotions.

*End of Flashback*

Walking up the stairs making my way in front of her door and taking a deep breath. Who doesn't cry ? Everyone cries it's impossible not to.

I knock on the door

Once

Twice

No one answered. I put my ear to the door trying to hear if she is moving around. I can hear her making a sound?

Is she crying?

I opened the door and that's when I saw her. She's sitting on the bed and her hands are covering her face. Before I can even stop myself I'm walking over to her I kneel down in front of her.

"Are you okay?" She leaned into my chest. The warmth of her skin the way her hair smells everything about her draws me to her.

I try to keep my breathing as normal as possible but all I can think about is kissing her neck and making my way down.

" Dinner is ready you have been up for for an hour I was wondering when you were coming down"

"Oh right" Her voice is barely recognizable its meak and broken

Reaching up I cupped her face with my hands. Her eyes are bloodshot red but dry not a tear in sight. Holding her like this feels right every cell in my body is screaming for me to get close to claim her as mine.

"I thought you were crying"

"No I'm not, I don't cry" She really believes she cant cry.

" Everyone cries"

I think that pissed her off. She took off walking away from me mumbling under breath but I can hear what she says.

"So are you admitting to crying"

"Yes. Like I said everyone cries I'm no exception and neither are you"

Yup she's hot when she's pissed. The whole time during dinner she kept staring daggers at me.

And that's okay because like I said she's hot.She couldn't keep her eyes away from me for a second even Nitta called her out on it. It just made dinner more relaxing. Everyone is laughing and talking up a storm.

I haven't felt this peaceful in a long time. I'm glad to be back home with my family. Alex is healthy for now and with Katrina here I can actually sleep .

My parents are wrong for what they did, but i'm grateful they made me grow up and take responsibility but at the same time they left their children behind.

I was only 23 when they shipped her to me asking me to watch her while they take a "small" vacation. Alex was always sick and in the hospital it never fit with our parents lifestyle, They weren't meant to be parents let alone parents to a sick child.

This year marks 6 years that she has been with me. In those 6 years I have had many sleepless nights, multiple scares and many surgeries. They don't deserve to call themselves parents.

She needs more in her life than just me and the people under this roof to show her love. Since the first moment I laid my eyes on Katrina I knew one way or another she would be in my life.

I knew her long before she met me. The way she met me is shameful one of my weak moments. I felt like a child getting caught stealing candy from the jar. Over the span of 5 years I have fallen head over heels for this woman.

Before the year is up I will make her fall for me