Chapter 30: Thanksgiving

Today is Thanksgiving it's been over a month since I found out I was pregnant

We still haven't told anyone yet. It's obvious Vera is pregnant; she can't stay out of the bathroom to save her life. It's been really hard on her the past month but her morning sickness is slowly fading since she's in her second trimester.

I on the other hand have yet to experience anything. Other than being extra horny and irritable I don't even feel pregnant.

I'm sitting on the couch beside Vera as she's rubbing her stomach. Alex is fast asleep with her head rested on my lap while my fingers are entwined in her hair. Eric and Jake are in the kitchen with Bill enjoying a drink.

Every so often I get a whiff of food and my mouth starts to water. The smell is so overwhelming but not in a bad way. Vera shifts her body a little bit as she crinkles her nose.

" You should start feeling movement here soon" my hand automatically touches her now rounded baby bump as she smiles at me.

" You're close to 15 weeks right?" We are only 4 weeks apart from each other but the difference in our body size is huge. My stomach is still completely flat, not a small bump in sight but vera has reached a point where her bump is noticeable.

" I am. i want to find out the gender here soon. They can determine what it is as early as 13 weeks on ultrasound and 10 weeks with a blood test. Can you believe that?"

" 10 weeks with a blood test seriously?" I raised my eyebrow at her as she reached her hand out and touched my stomach smiling.

Eric and Jake came walking into the living room and both of their eyes went to our stomachs. Bill followed after them completely oblivious to what me and Vera were doing. It feels so odd being so close in pregnancy with my best friend.

"What about a blood test?" Eric asked as Vera got up from beside and made her way over to where Jake was sitting. Eric soon took her place and kissed me on my forehead. Bill sat down on the other side of Alex as he grabbed the remote and started flipping through the channels.

"I was just telling Kat how ealy people can find out the genders. 10 weeks for a blood test and as early as 13 weeks for an ultrasound. It's amazing knowing I don't have to wait until 21 weeks to find out what I'm having" her eyes fall onto her stomach and she begins to rub it again.

" I'm telling you my money is on a girl. My mother always said that girls steal your rest and beauty" I smile over at her and she flashes on right back at me.

"I'm thinking boy" she points her finger to my stomach and lets out a laugh as my cheeks turn a shade of pink and my eyes dart over to Bill.

Eric chuckles next to me and his hand finds it way around my waist as he leans into my ear and whispers.

"I'm curious to find out"

I have a doctors appointment Monday for my first check up due to it being so busy I haven't been able to get an appointment yet.

Nitta called Bill into the kitchen asking for his help and as soon as he disappeared Vera perked up.

" I was wondering, kat.." she stopped and poked her lip out and started playing with her hair. She wants something. She always does that when she wants something.

" How would you feel about a double gender reveal? Your 10 weeks we both could get the blood test, have them put the genders in envelopes and find out together." She looks down not wanting to look at me.

"It's still early V anything could happen. You're in your second trimester your odds have decreased a lot but I'm still in my first." This is the real reason I didn't want to tell the rest of Eric's family. Anything could happen in the first trimester.