Chapter 8

I made a promise to Chan that I would tell Jisung if I started to remember more and it got too much. Unfortunately, now was the time. Over the past week or so, I had been experiencing new memories almost everyday and now it has reached one of Jisung's days off I thought it was the perfect opportunity to. The boy just wanted a relaxing day after having a hectic week at work, almost non-stop apparently. Sooo we agreed to watch a movie and have a pj day and just do whatever we fancied, I even offered to order in a pizza or a takeaway whenever we felt hungry. It was the ultimate cosy day.

From the kitchen, I could vaguely hear Jisung's snores as I sneaked out of bed to make us some waffles for breakfast. I wasn't sure about which toppings he would want but had placed a variety onto the table for when we ate breakfast. The homemade mixture was complete and so all I had to do now was wake up the boy.
Carefully approaching the room, I slipped back into bed and cuddled into Jisung, placing a kiss on his head before placing another on his cheek. The boy released a low noise and furrowed his brows.
"Good morning 'sungie"
He weakly smiled at my comment, his tiredness still evident. After a while of trying to get the boy functioning, he groggily got out of bed and sat down at the table. His eyes immediately focused on the sauces and other toppings in the centre and asked me about them. Instead of answering, I brought over the first plate of waffles and the boy happily tucked in.

Second batch was mine and so on until all the mixture had been used. Jisung half tackled me afterwards, lifting me over his shoulder as he carried me to the sofa, where he pulled up a blanket and we laid comfortably together.
"Babe..."
"Yes Y/N"
Ok, here we go. Just had to get it all out there and I'm sure he would understand.
"So recently, at random moments, like during the ice skating, I've had flashbacks..."
The boy's eyes widened as if he knew where my train of thought was going.
"You mean your memories are coming back?"
I wasn't sure if he thought that was a good or bad thing and his facial expressions and tone were giving nothing away.
"I'm happy that there's some progress with getting rid of the amnesia," I continued, "but I just wanted to let you know that no matter what I am happy with you and I love you and they won't affect anything"
The boy smiled but before he could say anything I carried on further.
"If, on the slight chance that something changes, whatever it may be, I will let you know almost immediately ok? I care a lot about you and-"
Jisung softly placed his hand over my cheek, swiping it delicately with his thumb.
"It's ok, I understand and I appreciate it, I love you Y/N"
I'm so glad that went well and I happily kissed him before regaining that cosy position with him.

Later that night, I had messaged Chan saying that my talk with Jisung went well and that all was ok again. Whether these flashbacks happened more often or would stop now, it didn't matter because I had the best support I could ask for.

I was sat on my half of the bed while Jisung was on his, with both of us on our phones and doing our own thing in a comfortable silence. Sometimes, that kind of thing was nice. Facebook then Twitter then Instagram, I scrolled through them all almost mindlessly liking and moving on.
It wasn't until I saw a photo that my brother had been tagged in that I stopped and tried to control my shock.
One of Chan's friends from Australia had posted a photo of them all - their little friendship group. I scanned the faces and came across the boy I wasn't expecting to see. Felix.
I had to double look at the photo but the date surprised me. This was two nights ago. At that point, I had hoped it would say that it was a throwback photo, but no.
'Reunited last night with my boys'
Chan... my brother had seen Felix again. Felix was back in town. Did he ever leave? I had no idea considering the lack of contact. It wasn't just the fact I hadn't seen him in a long time, but I had almost forgotten he was real. Looking at him now, he could be fictional. The boy looked stunning, even more so than when I last saw him and I didn't think that was possible.

I had looked at the photo for too long and didn't bother to like it before moving on to something, anything, to distract me from that. Eventually, the best choice was just to turn my phone off and I turned to Jisung to see what games we was playing on his phone.
Whatever it was, he seemed to be doing pretty well. His eyes briefly caught sight of me in his peripheral vision, "did you get bored already?"
I hummed a yes.
"Well we could always watch some videos after I've done this level"
Once again, I hummed a response. Jisung quickly shut off his phone and turned to me, "are you ok baby?"
"Yeah why?"
He shrugged, "I don't know, you just seem odd" he paused and then asked the question that almost had me in a paralysis, "was it that you saw Felix is back round?"

I tried and failed to not choke on air; Jisung's bluntness had certainly surprised me. It just felt weird that he was back after all this time almost like it was nothing, which it wasn't. All the questions that I had built up that he never answered and he just assumes he can come back into my life, nope.
Then came the immortal text...
There's gonna be a party at mine this weekend, both you and Jisung are invited.
Whether Chan had meant it innocently or not, I had a bad feeling about it.