Chapter 14

As time passed, things got easier.
Felix and I would hang out more and when he was up for it we would talk about memories and he would get out some memorable items.
One of them was a picture that I had drawn of Felix, apparently it had taken me ages and a lot of days. I'd constantly hid my progress from him as I wanted it to be a big surprise and he got to enjoy it on his birthday. And whenever Felix got caught in his words, talking about life before I lost my memories, I would wait, let him catch his breath and encourage him to continue when he felt he was ready. It felt like a safe environment for us whenever we had a deep talk and it felt like a big improvement.

One time, Felix even joined Jisung, Chan and I for a games night. I honestly loved that evening, it was so nice, just playing video games with my boys. Nothing beats a chill time with my favourite people.

"Why can't I be Meowtwo?" Chan whined.
Jisung sighed, already regretting offering to play and set up smash bros for all of us.
I held my boyfriend's hand as he ranted to my brother, "he's not in the game, you can be either Incineroar, Pikachu or Jigglypuff though."
My brother scoffed, clearly unsatisfied with the choice of Pokemon characters, "well then I guess I'll go with this dude."
This time Felix sighed, "that's Samus, she's a girl."
Bless my brother, he used to play video games a lot when we were growing up, but since then his knowledge and experience of games had diminished.
"Well then she's badass, I'll play as her!"
Glad we could finally start, we were all waiting on him to choose a character.

The battle went on and in the end Felix won, the boy was great at video games. Jisung was a bit of a sore loser about it and challenged Felix to a 1v1. I took this opportunity to get us all some more drinks and have a loo break. Once I finished my business, I came into the kitchen to find Chan laying out glasses, ready to prepare with me.
"It's been great today Y/N, strange but good"
"What's been strange?"
He motioned with his head to where the two boys were virtually fighting it out, "your boyfriend, your ex and your brother... most would dread that trio."
I shrugged my shoulders and explained that I didn't have much of a problem with it. The boys were all friends after all and Felix and I were on much better grounds so there's no reason we couldn't all get along.

"I'm just saying" he tapped my shoulder before going to rejoin the other two, "sometimes exes shouldn't remain friends."
He had implied that the friendship I now had with Felix wasn't right. I'd disagree. Mentally, I was in a much better place and the memories were still en route to being (almost)
completely back anytime now. There wasn't too much I couldn't remember, there was even a chance that I could have everything back by the end of the year. If I was lucky, then it would be even sooner.
My brother had taken in his drink and Felix's leaving me to sort myself and Jisung.

Thinking back on it, it seemed really strange that my ex and my boyfriend were friends and that they happily got along together with me in the room. And that they got along without my presence too. I hadn't heard many instances of the same thing happening to others. Who knows, maybe I'm just a special example...
Worry settled in and I made sure that when I returned to the boys, to check if their smiles were genuine. As far as I could see, they were.

"Did you enjoy today?"
While Jisung and I were cuddling before bedtime, I decided to ask the question on my mind the whole time.
He nodded, "it was fun, did you enjoy it?"
I smiled, "yeah, I did.""
Jisung moved slightly from the position we were in so he could look down at me and make direct eye contact.
"Why do you ask, baby?"
I shuffled upwards, unfolding my shirt that rucked up ever so slightly.
"I just wondered after Chan said to me" I imitated my brother's voice, "sometimes exes shouldn't remain friends."
Jisung giggled at my impression, ruffling my hair. I pouted at him and asked, "what do you think, silly?"
The boy debated this for a bit before coming out with, "I get what he's trying to say, I just think it's worked differently for you."

You could certainly say so. The next day, I arranged to meet Felix during his break and then I'd wait around for Jisung whenever his break was. It had been a while and usually I didn't go anywhere near their office, so I arranged to meet them round the corner from their building. The minutes passed by from when Felix said he'd meet me and I wondered if his break had been delayed. There was no news at all. I'd messaged him to say I was waiting but still nothing.
It was almost getting to when Jisung's break was but even my own boyfriend seemed to be running late. In fact, I waited another half an hour and neither boy had showed up or responded. Instead, I chose to text Jisung that I'd be on my way home and we could rearrange it for another day. This time I actually got an answer.

Sorry baby, we're really busy here, something big just dropped and I need you to be safe so Hyunjin will walk you home. He should be there any second now, stay safe and I'll explain later.

Not a minute later, Hyunjin came round the corner with a jacket over his uniform. As nice as it was to see the long-haired boy, I had hoped to see my boyfriend. Heck, even seeing my brother would have been decent.
"I'm sorry Y/N, Jisung has said already I'm sure, so let's get you back to yours."
I bit the inside of my lip and agreed. The boy tried to keep conversation flowing, and it was kinda nice to catch up, but I was just a bit let down is all, that's all that was on my mind.